Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectAutomatic Up/Down Windows
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105244
105244, Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey,

In VW's with one flick (each switch) you can make the windows go up and down.

Anyone good with electronics who can give me an idea how to make it happen?

Willing to pay if someone can build it.

Im gonna keep google searching and see if I can find something.

Thanks!
105245, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My '95 has auto down on the driver's side. Pretty sure it was an option on higher line models.
105246, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think all driver's side are auto down. If I recall vfaq had a write up for auto down on passenger side too.
105247, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by CODE4
I think all driver's side are auto down. If I recall vfaq had a write up for auto down on passenger side too.

Yeah, mine does. Both of them would be cool and auto up would rock too.

Thanks, I will check there!
105248, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by CODE4

You may be right,but I think the write-up was just instructions for how to connect the pass. window to the driver's auto up/down switch so both rolled down together on one touch, not a true one-touch for the passenger side.
105249, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I too have been wanting to see about doing an auto-down for the passenger window (on the drivers door), but have not found any info. I would think that maybe somehow using the same electronics found in the drivers window switch on the secondary passenger switch may prove to be a way, but have not fiddled with it much, but would gladly like to help in any testing, research, etc making this come to fruition.
105250, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by iamnotwhoiam
I too have been wanting to see about doing an auto-down for the passenger window (on the drivers door), but have not found any info. I would think that maybe somehow using the same electronics found in the drivers window switch on the secondary passenger switch may prove to be a way, but have not fiddled with it much, but would gladly like to help in any testing, research, etc making this come to fruition.

Take one apart. Should be a relatively obvious difference between the two...
105251, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Guess I need to get myself a doner button set then.
105252, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by iamnotwhoiam
Guess I need to get myself a doner button set then.

I have one. I will pull it apart tomorrow.
105253, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine's auto-down. i want auto-up too though... lemme know timmay
105254, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would imagine that auto up would require a switch that has the extra click on the up. Making the passenger window auto down would probably be easier if someone can figure out how to put 2 drivers switches into 1 assembly.
105255, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes you can do this, sheesh, I need to check this section more often. Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature. Its made to be used with alarms with zone control to make the windows go up and down by a button on the alarms key fob but its also useful for things like this as well.
105256, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by Slo2g
Yes you can do this, sheesh, I need to check this section more often. Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature. Its made to be used with alarms with zone control to make the windows go up and down by a button on the alarms key fob but its also useful for things like this as well.

Score, already Gtalked joo.
105257, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by PsychO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here is a how-to some guy made using his rx-8. I'm sure it would be pretty much the same for our cars. I'll be doing this also!

http://home.comcast.net/~c_wrzesniewski/windowsmod.htm

The first sentence made me giggle.

And it's ~$50 for the module.

Now the question is...would I want to buy 2 to do the passenger side? Hell, I've paid more for less.
105258, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I installed the DEI auto-up/down module for that purpose. Way easier than building your own.

I used it with my alarm remote to command windows to vent (2" down during remote start), roll up windows when arming alarm, optional full open when disarming.

Once installed it automatically gave me one-touch up and down on both drivers and passenger windows but only commanded from the drivers switches. The passenger switch still operated as normal.

Some of the window feastures are seen in this video.

http://youtu.be/0cyCSqbS3Rs

105259, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by azdave
I installed the DEI auto-up/down module for that purpose. Way easier than building your own.

price?

Originally posted by Slo2g
Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature

price?
105260, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by azdave I installed the DEI auto-up/down module for that purpose. Way easier than building your own.
price?
Originally posted by Slo2g Viper sells the power window control module that creates an auto up/down feature
price?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DEI+power+window+control+module
105261, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows

i actually sat here for about 15-20 secs trying to come up with a good comeback, then, realized that i was just royally fucked LOL. whatever ha
105269, RE: Automatic Up/Down Windows
:P
I generated this page in 0.0093388557434082 seconds, executing 7 queries.