Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subject"My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105121
105121, "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not sure if its been seen before, but there's a guy in CT that did up an Avenger with some custom CF f&r bumpers, hood, fenders, doors and more.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/386876-my-custom-carbon-fiber-avenger.html

Pretty industrious, I'd say...

105122, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
He has a username of the same here on 2gnt. I recognize the engine bay. Definitely a lot of effort!
105123, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by Babbz413, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
He's been working on that car for years. I believe its still not running yet and last I heard he is trying to sell it.

Build log on aseclub.net

http://aseclub.net/forums/index.php?/topic/96979-95-avenger/
105124, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
He used to frequent the boards and chat here but I believe he was banned over minor stuff...
105125, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ebster1085
He used to frequent the boards and chat here but I believe he was banned over minor stuff...

His user account is not banned.
105126, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by eclipserstturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wonder how he got the carbon fiber pieces on the door handles to match up to the carbon fiber on the door. Looks amazing.
105127, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, that car is truly badass.

dave, his screen name may not be currently banned, but it was for a good amount of time. yes, for minor crap too. I think he just had a difference of opinion on a subject with terry, and well, you know how that goes. His name was Matt. awesome guy. sux what happened, he was a nice friend, very knowledgeable.

someone that's a member on tuners should PM him a link to this thread
105128, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by PsychO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yay, Avenger love.
105129, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by streetlightning, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i did the CF work on the door handles, i matched them to the weave of both doors. It was time consuming but worth it, car is pretty sick in person!
105131, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by Black Cotton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, Thanks for the good props. That is my car, finally painted and finished "externally".

The updates from the last time you saw me.

I was banned, for roughly a year, yes by terry, and yes for no hard reason; more like a just because I can kinda deal. Not sure why suddenly the ban was lifted but either way glad to see you guys again.

as for the car: updates;

swapped to NVT 350 3.55 with a quafie and CM stage 5
Upgraded to a 2.2 stroker
MS2 sequential injection
75mm mustang throttle body

prior to body work new motor and transmission the car was up and running put around 20 miles on it at 14#s but running really fat 11/11.5-1...

I did end up putting in a 10pt roll cage that includes door sill bars and swing outs for both doors.

The interior is just about as complete as I really ever wanted it.
includes carpet, 2 sparcos, fiberglass dash, CF door panels, CF door sills, CF A pillars wrapped by the same guy that did my door handles. excellent work if you are looking to have any CF wrapping done true professional.

most of the info is on that tuners thread however if you are looking for any specifics do not hesitate to throw the questions my way.
105132, RE: "My custom Carbon Fiber Avenger" post on DSMTuners
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
SICKKK!@ welcome back matt! see ya around eh? don't go anywhere this time :)
105133, RE:
Posted by Shake_Zulla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice work man! Personally I like the looks of the Avenger hold your head high. IMO it gets on my nerves when people post "not really my style" because I take that as every car should look how I want it to look. Isn't conformity the death of style? After all I can only have "my style" because everyone else has their own. That being said CF isn't really my style HAHAHA! Whats next on the list? Did you get to your weight goals?
105134, RE:
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Needs more carbon fiber.

Terry-trigger-ban-finger unbanned you? - this is good. Didn't even know you were gone. You've just convinced me to get those CF doors. How much do the stockers way anyway, like 60lbs/piece?
105178, RE:
Posted by Dstach, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
isn't that an automatic? might be me but i saw one cable going to transmission?
105179, RE:
Posted by Black Cotton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I has been several things...

built auto A604 w a 2800HD stall w/ Phantom grip

built auto A670 w a 2800HD stall w/ Phantom grip

now its a fresh rebuild NVT 350 3.55 w/ quafie, and CM stage 5

that pic you see is kinda old, when i was using the A670.
105180, RE:
Posted by Dstach, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oh ok thats awesome. yea i looked and was like wait thats something you don't see very often. i swapped mine from a stock auto to a stock manual. was going to put the fidanza clutch and fly wheel then the clutch back ordered then going with zoom then both back ordered and then finally went stock so i still have some work. but nice work
I generated this page in 0.0089149475097656 seconds, executing 7 queries.