Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectAny body work gurus in Georgia?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104921
104921, Any body work gurus in Georgia?
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Being that my car is from the land of rain and snow (New England), my car is showing signs of age, namely cancer. I got pissed when I saw a panel that was welded on less than a year ago start rotting. I don't know if the guy that did the welding messed up or the metal he used had rust on it, but my car needs medical attention. I have some areas on my car that need minor patching and welding. I'm just not too familiar with shops around here in GA and personally rather pay someone who gives a shit about our cars to do the work. Even if it's done in sections at a time. I want it to be ready for paint in about 6 months (hopefully) and I don't want the cancer to spread any more than it has already. And no, I won't just get another car, because of the sentimental value, even though I thought about it... lol
104922, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here's a good thread, look at the silver 2g gsx about how he fixed it.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/125717-strut-tower-rust-merged-1-7-a.html
104923, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
Dammit, I wish I didn't live in an apartment...
104925, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
... You know, after reading that thread, I beginning to think I should cut my losses now, and start saving for another car. A Southern car. Is strut tower rot common down south on our cars?
104929, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by electrohead
... You know, after reading that thread, I beginning to think I should cut my losses now, and start saving for another car. A Southern car. Is strut tower rot common down south on our cars?

Seems to be an issue anytime that you live in a humid salty area.

Dry Colorado air FTW.

But if you really want to see rust I'll post pics of my Porsche 914 racecar project.
104930, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
It's just a bit disheartening. Like getting more parts to put in to your car, and finding rust hiding in every thinkable place. I guess that should be expected with a car over 15 years old.
104931, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
Posted by Snail_GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Rust is not a problem with Vehicles from Georgia. I have former co-worker that still works at the Dealer. PM me if you want his info, He has done body work on my car, painted a Grill on my girlfriends car and RePainted my Boss Dodge Viper.
104932, RE: Any body work gurus in Georgia?
Sounds great. Thanks.
I generated this page in 0.010012149810791 seconds, executing 7 queries.