Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectOZ Gauge Cluster
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104865
104865, OZ Gauge Cluster
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is more of a curiosity question than anything, so feel free to call me nuts...

Just picked up a 99 OZ Gauge Cluster (MTX) from daes_venge (looks great, thanx again!) a month or so ago, and I noticed my fuel gauge is extremely accurate. This is my 3rd 2GNT (another '97): my first was a '97 and was about ~2+ gallons off when it got to 'E', my last was a '99 and was very bad @ ~4+ gallons off when it got to 'E'. Maybe my memory is bad, but I always thought my current 2GNT was fairly accurate @ ~2x gallons off, but now it's right on.

...just curious if anyone else w/ an OZ-edition has noticed the gauge to be more accurate.

Lately I've been saying 'oh crap, I better start filling up sooner or my butt is going to be walking'... no more letting the needle rest on the pin, and drive another ~100 miles. The fuel gauge has always been a pet peive of mine.

- J

104866, RE: OZ Gauge Cluster
Posted by ztryfe, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I do not own a Gauge cluster as yours, but I've also noted that the fuel gauge in my 97 GS is somewhat flaky as well, once it hits the E, I can still go around for about 50 miles more. Not sure if this is a issue or just "normal" oddness of the 2GNT, Another friend of mine has a 95 RS with even more room after the E.

Could this be a problem with the sensor on the tank or do you think the actual gauges could be messing up with the years?
104867, RE: OZ Gauge Cluster
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the cluster, not just an OZ.

Mandy, 1998 RS, can run around on E for 2 days before I fill it.

Whitey, 1997 RS, can run around and when it hits E you need to fill up or you will be walking.
104871, RE: OZ Gauge Cluster
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Now I wish I could find that pic I took when I made Malachi's needle dissappear behind the trim.
104872, RE: OZ Gauge Cluster
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Maybe it has something to do with the cluster, not just an OZ. Mandy, 1998 RS, can run around on E for 2 days before I fill it. Whitey, 1997 RS, can run around and when it hits E you need to fill up or you will be walking.

Agree, my Reaper 1998 rs with gray/black interior ftw. Does the same thing.

So, did my old angel white 1997gs

My brother has a silver 1999gs Oz his hasnt had any problem with fuel level, only problem he had was with limp mode due to loose VSS and tcu. Also bad strut towers he fixed both and the choad is selling it on craigslist, he for a month or two.

Its a cool cluster, illuminates red at night. but it would better it was black not white.
I generated this page in 0.0097529888153076 seconds, executing 7 queries.