Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectNew wheels and tires installed
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104808
104808, New wheels and tires installed
Posted by megaskillz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well guys, after five long years with the chromies lol,(which gave me plenty of headaches because of damaged wheels and leaky tires)I finally saved enough to purchase a new set of wheels and tires. Here are the before and after pics. Let me know what you think.

Before

After

More of a lip view

Close up

Lip view

104809, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They look great!

Kinda flashy, but at the same time it makes you look twice.

:thumbsup
104810, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Those look leaps and bounds better than the old wheels.
104812, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice, aint bad. Looks abit like Konig's.

Paint your center either Red or black and buy my Eclipse lettering I have no use for. It was from my old 97gs, aint too bad condition would need retouched up with chrome paint and reglued. My price for is way cheaper than spending $40 at dealerhsip.
104816, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
100% Better than the ghetto chromies.

Now you just need to get rid of that chincy body kit.
104820, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Thanks guys for all the compliments and constructive criticism. I was originally going to get these.

Which are r1 racing drift wheels in hyperblack. As you can see I like the split spoke design lol. Also I liked them because they had a staggered fitment for fwd cars.

Now 2 years later couldn't find them anywhere. I called r1 and they said contact wheelfire. I called wheelfire and they said they were on back order until July.(It was April when I was calling) And till this day they still dont have them. I've heard bad things about wheelfire anyway so I really did not want to do business with them.

So, I went on Discount Tire Direct and I came across the wheels I have now which are TSW Cadwells in gunmetal with mirror cut face and lip. They are 18x8s and for the tires I went with nitto neo gen 225/40/18. The customer service was great and I saved $100 by calling instead of ordering online. The package arrived the next day!

It's amazing how bigger wheels with lower profile tires make the wheel wells look big lol. So, I do plan on lowering it as well as going back to stock front bumper in the future.

104828, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks great man! I really like those wheels :thumbsup

I agree with you...go back to the stock bumper.
104829, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Nice, aint bad. Looks abit like Konig's. Paint your center either Red or black and buy my Eclipse lettering I have no use for. It was from my old 97gs, aint too bad condition would need retouched up with chrome paint and reglued. My price for is way cheaper than spending $40 at dealerhsip.

Thanks for the input. I am planning on changing the center tail piece to carbon fiber and possibly putting eclipse lettering on it. If I need them I'll hit you up. I also plan on installing a cf hatch and cf turbo wing which would bring out the cf center tail piece even more.

Originally posted by John99RS
Looks great man! I really like those wheels :thumbsup I agree with you...go back to the stock bumper.

Thanks. Five years is a long time to be with a project. Over the years your vision for it changes as well.

Hey John, nice clean ride BTW! I checked out your pics on cardomain. Keep up the good work.
104830, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks!
104831, RE: New wheels and tires installed
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok, thanks. :thumbsup its ready to be ship in a envelope, pm when you want them.
I generated this page in 0.0097320079803467 seconds, executing 7 queries.