Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectElectrical Problems
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=102528
102528, Electrical Problems
Posted by XToeKneeV, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I recently bought a '99 Eclipse GS which was already quite modified from the previous owner. Just the other week, I lost power to neons, interior lights, radio, one of the accessory switches he installed to manually turn on a cooling fan, security remote, and my speedometer only works when it wants to. I tried tracing all the plugs to make sure they have power and ground, and I've checked NEARLY every fuse, but I can't find the solution.
The rear defroster has not worked since I bought it, and a tail bulb I replaced was smoked and cracked 2 days later. The wiring job is ridiculous. The harnesses for the tails are tied together. No tape. No connector. He just twisted them around each other. And there are also random wiring connectors under the dash and in the trunk that I just don't know where to connect! It's like he just unplugged random things! :wallbash

Does anyone have any useful suggestions?
102531, RE: Electrical Problems
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Download an FSM wiring diagram and start tracing. sounds like you got one hell of a clusterfuck.

sorry.
102546, RE: Electrical Problems
Posted by XToeKneeV, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think I might wait till Spring, then rip out all the wiring and do it all over myself. I know that's going to suck, but it's just so horrible having a knot of wires in random spots throughout the car. I think I've learned my lesson about buying cars with custom electrical work already done.
I generated this page in 0.02249813079834 seconds, executing 7 queries.