Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectMy 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=101532
101532, My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by Tuxdreamerx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is the front bumper I bought for 160 bucks brand new. Got it from a local performance shop.

My projectors.

Interior shots

Gold cadmium plated rotors

Rim need to be cleaned but heres a pic.

Obx Fuel Rail

Obx Radiator Hoses.

my rear lower strut bar I have front upper and rear upper but didnt take any pics yet.

Springtech shocks and springs that were already on the car

New hub assembly and new lower control arms. Both sides got these.

I know everything doesnt look the best yet but im working on it around my 40+ hour a wk management job and have a 1 year old so bear with me. I just wanted to update you guys since I havent posted much on here lately since the talon really. Dont bash me too hard. at least im actually doing my own work on it. ill take more pics later.
101534, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd give you crap but at the moment I have no room to speak :P

oh wait, you've got the bomex bumper. :nono
101535, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by brandons_97gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
projects are always fun...for the most part.
how far are you from getting her running?
101536, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Whats wrong with bomex? Anyways I needed a cheap bumper just to make it legal to drive I dont have the money for a high pricey front bumper.

And I am just waiting on my engine to get finished to be able to drive it. then I can dump money into looks lol.
101537, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
look at foggy's posts where he showed us his bomex kit, we gave him a hard time too. what matters is that you like it.
101538, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Obsessed with ebay much?
101539, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your shifter looks like a protruding diseased eye-ball. Just thought you should know. :P
101540, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx
Whats wrong with bomex? Anyways I needed a cheap bumper just to make it legal to drive I dont have the money for a high pricey front bumper. And I am just waiting on my engine to get finished to be able to drive it. then I can dump money into looks lol.

You could bought a OEM bumper at a junkyard half price of that Bomex save a few bills at same time.

props replacing your hubs I bet it got rid of that annoying metal on metal from your wheels.
101541, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
I am in need of changing that shift knob but thats the least of my worries.

Yes I am obsessed with ebay I have a problem I will admit it I think since december i've spent over $1000 on ebay lol.

And I do like the bumper so I guess that is what matters. It wouldnt be fun if everyone had the same exact parts on their cars.

And I do hope the Hub bearings do me some good they were a PITA to replace. well the drivers side was fairley new but I had the two front for my talon so I just replaced both the passenger side was stock and that sucked.

I hope I didnt strut tower bars that are complete crap.
101542, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by Flipboi89, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice 4 different colors of your interior. lol and those radiator hoses were spendy werent they?
101543, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by Flipboi89
nice 4 different colors of your interior. lol and those radiator hoses were spendy werent they?

About 40-50 bucks off ebay I think.
101547, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
nice 4 different colors of your interior.

6 actually
101548, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
lol i got 7 after a recount.. hope you start on your interior next
101550, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
lol i got 7 after a recount.. hope you start on your interior next

yes I do plan on it I have started but that was just when I was bored im focusing 95% of my time on it on getting it running then ill play with the interior.

lol depends on what you count as the colors. the floor is red because it has no carpet lol.
101553, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
the floor is red because it has no carpet lol.

I wasn't counting that :P
101554, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
i did crap.. hmm

red floor??
black dash
white gauges and random white interior vent
gray mirror control
cf boot? or its on your shifter
tan seats
darker tan floor mats lol
blue 2
and your steering wheel is grey in the middle and black on the side?

thats 8. haha
101557, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
i did crap.. hmm red floor?? black dash white gauges and random white interior vent gray mirror control cf boot? or its on your shifter tan seats darker tan floor mats lol blue 2 and your steering wheel is grey in the middle and black on the side? thats 8. haha

Lol the floor is red because it has no carpet and the stock color is red. The vent is white and the speaker covers in the back are white and the inner handle trim will be white. the cf is the boot. no floor mats thats the plastic cover from under the dash im working on wiring up the indiglo gauges right. the steering wheel is black but kind of faded I guess. lol
101558, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
dam did you buy the car like that or where you temporarly color blind when you put that all in
101560, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
dam did you buy the car like that or where you temporarly color blind when you put that all in

Lol well I was temporaly color blind I do believe. I mean i've been calling the tan parts beige.....I am working on painting it all I am getting some fabric paint and painting the back grey seats black and also the hatch cover thing. Also I am painting all that tan stuff black and that will take care the colors that dont go with it, except the front leather seats I am gonna just put racing seats in it but I cant afford those just yet. The interior colors that are going to be in the finished project are black blue and white. and if you count this shift knob and boot the shift knod is gonna be replaced with something, and the boot will stay I like it. I do want to eventually get a set of those fiberglass door panels from ebay they look nice. Also I got the car with no carpet and I can buy a black set of carpet that is premolded for 120 bucks shipped and thats what im doing.

The exterior will end up the same blue color but im getting rid of the white I dont really like it. I do want to have some professional graphics painted on the body so I do plan on spending some good money on the paint job.
101563, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Tail Lights I got from axelthrasher I find them very sexy

101564, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tail Lights I got from axelthrasher I find them very sexy http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/tuxdreamerx/s6000851.jp g

Gah! This is going to be one of those cars... Too bad too, it had such potential. Oh well.
101565, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That Bomex front has always looked like a catfish head to me.

Oh well.
101566, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Seriously guys whats wrong with all this????
101568, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Seriously guys whats wrong with all this????

personal prefrence, ignore us :P
101569, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
haha please paint your middle taillight for the sake of all of us 2gnters
101574, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
haha please paint your middle taillight for the sake of all of us 2gnters

yeah I dont really like the middle since they are non working lights. I was wondering if I should paint it. I may paint my stock one and put it on there just so I can sell the set if I ever decide to do so in the future. should I just paint it black or what do you guys think? Match the rest of the paint color? the hatch is getting sanded and primered because the white just doesnt go well and it looks like crap I would rather have it primered since im getting the whole car painted in the near future.
101575, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
paint it to match the rest of the car plz lol
101576, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
paint it to match the rest of the car plz lol

so should I request that they paint that with car paint when I get the car painted or should I just match it on my own?
101577, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
factory taillights ftw!

later
101578, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by shuwa29
factory taillights ftw! later

the factory taillights are nice but I have always been a fan of aftermarket euro tails. Maybe its just cuz im 19 but hey who knows.
101579, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Maybe its just cuz im 19

yeah, I used to be young and lacking in taste too.

I'm thinking the azdave, ez LED setup looks pretty sick, fully functional 3 piece lamps that can be seen from a mile away }(
101580, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
More pics I worked on my interior some.

Hatch cover needs a few more coats to darken it but it looks alot better in person for some reason my flash on my camera lightened it.

I painted this from tan to black but after seeing it in this picture I think I need to take it back off and touch it up.

Pass. Door panel I think it looks great other than the speaker grill and one other spot so I have to take this back off and touch it up and also the switch panel and trim was all cracked and it was like that before I took it apart.

No more tan on the pass side. well except the seat and seat belts.

The rubber trim I bought from stangmurdera that was gray is now blue

Ok so I swear these also look better in person the camera flash makes it look like crap but I do have some more coats to do but in person they look like they have been professionally dyed black.

101581, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by saikou, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That car is disgusting man... did you find it at the bottom of a lake? Everything is completely rusted.
101583, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by saikou
That car is disgusting man... did you find it at the bottom of a lake? Everything is completely rusted.

haha so cruel.

i betcha that you paint will fade in the sun over time. not forsure but a heads up. and yes please tell them to paint the center piece with the rest of the car.
101584, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by saikou

Dude whats rusted other than the rear rotors, and some stuff around the suspension. And if you think the floor in the car is rusted thats the glue that held the carpet on....There is very minimal rust and on the rims that is not rust that stuff was on one of the other ones and it comes off with some good cleaning. If you saw my 95 ESI you could say that may have been in a lake...

Edit: Oh and I have brand new gold cadium plated rotors for the front and rear.

And the vinyl paint isnt supposed to fade so we will see I hope it doesnt lol. If it does ill just buy a bunch of black interior parts.

Sorry I dont have a show car everyone but I am trying to get this thing lookin good but I dont have as much time as I would like to work on this thing. Oh and not to mention I dont have a money tree in my yard. If anyone has any seeds for one laying around let me know.

101585, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think that is rust all over the floor pan.

I can appreciate what your trying to do, but do it right!

You need to make sure that everything is properlay painted if your gonna go that route.

Good job so far, just improve on some things!
101586, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by teklein
I think that is rust all over the floor pan.

Have you ever pulled carpet out? the glue is almost the same color as rust and really looks similar in photos. give the kid a break.

Tux - do a few more coats of your paint and dye, if it shows light and splotchy in flash photos it WILL fade easier and much quicker.
101587, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by teklein I think that is rust all over the floor pan.
Have you ever pulled carpet out? the glue is almost the same color as rust and really looks similar in photos. give the kid a break. Tux - do a few more coats of your paint and dye, if it shows light and splotchy in flash photos it WILL fade easier and much quicker.

yeah thats why im glad I took pictures so I can see what I need to hit again. The flash just shows everything.. At least someone wants to give me a break lol.
101588, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
At least someone wants to give me a break lol.

you took my ribbing without turning into a troll with a bad case of tourettes, you're cool in my book :thumbsup
101589, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
lol ronin (aka the stig) called you cool so you must be in my book too haha

lol we all know we all arent billionaires. have you see my interior? not the best and needs help. but i do have a sexy brand new engine :]
101590, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
lol ronin (aka the stig) called you cool so you must be in my book too haha lol we all know we all arent billionaires. have you see my interior? not the best and needs help. but i do have a sexy brand new engine :]

lol, A nice engine is the most important part. I have been waiting on mine for over 2 months, its supposed to be done wednesday. I hope its worth all the waiting.
101593, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by Flipboi89 lol ronin (aka the stig) called you cool so you must be in my book too haha lol we all know we all arent billionaires. have you see my interior? not the best and needs help. but i do have a sexy brand new engine :]
lol, A nice engine is the most important part. I have been waiting on mine for over 2 months, its supposed to be done wednesday. I hope its worth all the waiting.

hey i waited 8 months for my engine and i just got it running last night
101591, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you ever pulled carpet out? the glue is almost the same color as rust and really looks similar in photos. give the kid a break. Tux - do a few more coats of your paint and dye, if it shows light and splotchy in flash photos it WILL fade easier and much quicker.

Heh. You need to chill.

Was I derogatory in any way to him? In fact im pretty sure that I said right below that "Good job so far, just improve on some things!".

And yes I have pulled carpet, and mine had no rust colored substance all over the place.
101592, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by teklein
Heh. You need to chill. Was I derogatory in any way to him? In fact im pretty sure that I said right before that "Good job so far, just improve on some things!". And yes I have pulled carpet, and mine had no rust colored substance all over the place.

Well either way it is not rust, if it was I would say it was. I guess im just gonna have to take some up close pics.
101594, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
ok so for some reason I cannot view the newer posts when I view all anymore I have to click them individually now.
101615, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You're on your way to making a halfway decent car.

Bomex kits look nice on 2g's.

I believe it should be mandatory to run a splitter on the front bumper though, any bumper.

That looks like dried up brake fluid all over your d/s floorboard.

What shift knob is that? Is it really an eyeball or one of those counterweighted resin knobs? If it's the later, keep it and tell everyone else to fuck off.

Obx fuel rails are trash. You dont need a fuel rail anyway. The stocker is fine. If anything, you should have spent that money converting to a 95 fuel system. Had that idea been thrown my way before i started my build, i would have done it.
101616, RE: My 97 GS some random pics just to update you guys
Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
You're on your way to making a halfway decent car. Bomex kits look nice on 2g's. I believe it should be mandatory to run a splitter on the front bumper though, any bumper. That looks like dried up brake fluid all over your d/s floorboard. What shift knob is that? Is it really an eyeball or one of those counterweighted resin knobs? If it's the later, keep it and tell everyone else to fuck off. Obx fuel rails are trash. You dont need a fuel rail anyway. The stocker is fine. If anything, you should have spent that money converting to a 95 fuel system. Had that idea been thrown my way before i started my build, i would have done it.

Thanks.
The floor board crap is GLUE lol. and its a counterweighted resin knob. I only bought the fuel rail cuz the one in the car was jacked up bad. I have a 95 intake complete with fuel rail and injectors but I am not sure I wanna take on the conversion. But the engine is being put together and im gonna get it running soon hopefully. I willbe posting engine pics tonight.
101617, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
So I got my motor back and here are some pics

Thats it for now ill post more soon.
101618, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
nicely done keep posting
101619, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Engine is looking nice.

p.s. I lol'd at "tux" painted on the engine stand.
101620, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Engine is looking nice. p.s. I lol'd at "tux" painted on the engine stand.

Lol. I was painting the engine and I was like well.... theres already paint on the stand so here we go and I just painted it on. I am glad you guys think it looks good because I thought it did. I wont be doing much more until sunday thats when my one week paid vacation starts so I will have a whole week to get this thing finished so hopefully by next week sometime ill be driving it, as long as all goes well. I have to get the tie rod ends put on (I really dont want to do it myself its a pita) then get it aligned and ill just take it to my uncles tire shop for that. I also still have to get the old cat off so I can put my hi flow cat and the header downpipe on. then all thats left really is just finishing the interior but now that I have the engine thats on hold until it gets running, I can deal with the interior looking like shit I just want to drive it damnit lol.

101621, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
So that's what you were doing yesterday :)
101622, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
Posted by BigRedMonster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like you need a turbo kit now. :)
101623, RE: My 97 GS Updated with engine pics now
Originally posted by BigRedMonster
Looks like you need a turbo kit now. :)

Lol and some fordged pistons and rods. My dad is starting a business and once it gets going im going to work for him and if al goes well im looking at an easy $1000 a week so at that point I am probably going to buy a GSX and fix it up and make this my daily driver. or maybe ill buy another one for my daily driver and build this one for boost. I am not sure yet and I know nothing about turbo really so I would need some help with that lol.
101626, Almost done!
here are recent pics

101627, RE: Almost done!
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks great but you forgot to paint your bedplate lol
101628, RE: Almost done!
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
looks great but you forgot to paint your bedplate lol

I noticed that too.

I do see a problem in those pics however...
101629, RE: Almost done!
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why did u keep the egr? nice job i like the color also wheres the rurbo?
101630, RE: Almost done!
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by joeck76
why did u keep the egr? nice job i like the color also wheres the rurbo?

are those OBX headers Looks nice
101631, RE: Almost done!
Posted by daes_venge, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fram ftl...
101633, RE: Almost done!
Originally posted by daes_venge
Fram ftl...

Yeah, that was the problem I saw
101641, RE: IT RUNS!!!
It finally runs and its on the road!!! I am so excited. I cant believe the responses I got about this car. I drove it without a hood and had people honking I love it!
101643, RE: IT RUNS!!!
hahah gj man now get your damn hood back on lol

101644, RE: IT RUNS!!!
hahah gj man now get your damn hood back on lol

Lol. Hood is back on now. I will take pics once I wash it. There is alot of dust and crap on it from being in the garage so long.
I generated this page in 0.015651941299438 seconds, executing 7 queries.