Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectRE: 1G/2G Seat Question?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=2779&mesg_id=92427
92427, RE: 1G/2G Seat Question?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DSMxTSi
I can only imagine seeing you drive down the road then all of a sudden, WOOPS, no driver!

Actually, it was more along the lines of, get in car, start engine, reach over to grab seatbelt, WHAM! I'm doing the whole lean back, lean back, lean back thing. Ugh.

Originally posted by DSMxTSi
Jenni still wants the 1G seats from our parts car in the 2gnt. Maybe someday....

I think this would be a cool idea as well. I was half tempted to PM you my number to call with any insight you might have on this subject. It turns out the vertical upright in the 2G seat broke clean through at the second nut on the hinge so, aside from welding it, there's no way to repair my seat. :(

I took the 2G seat apart down to the rails and the 1G seat as well when a buddy of mine reminded me that Mike (Cereal5) still has his ESi sitting in a garage at their apartment and I could borrow one of his seats for a while until I can get mine in.

That said, did you ever figure out how to work this? It appears that the 1G seats do not bolt to the hinges on the frame the same way the 2Gs do. You can unzip the 2G seat back and get to the bolts up in there, but not on the 1G seats. 1G seats have the hinge/spring mounted to the back of the seat, while 2Gs have the hinge/spring mounted to the base. I don't see how this can be done, but I need to do it.

I'm half tempted to just put the 1G seat back together, put it in place where I want it, and punch four clean holes though the floorboard with fresh hardware...

Any thoughts? Anyone?? :P

I generated this page in 0.011409997940063 seconds, executing 6 queries.