Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectRE: Need help removing my bumper...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=1098&mesg_id=1101
1101, RE: Need help removing my bumper...
Posted by Nemizis, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you really want the best manual for your car, drop some cash on a factory manual from the dealer. Mine cost me $100, makes the other manuals look like paper weights :-) As for the bumper I've taken mine off several times, and you shouldnt have to touch your headlights or any bolts on the bottom of the bumper!!!. Trust me I've done it both ways. The fastest way I found is to undo the 5 bolts in the middle, right under your hood, pluck your side markers out and undo 2 bolts (facing up) from each side (the pain in the ass ones), remove the plastic fastners on the inner fender well that attach to the bumper (best way not to strip these is unscrew , and finally go under the car, you'll see 4 big bolts (I think 17mm), 2 on each side of the car. They are slightly recessed in the front unibody frame/rails.

Underneath View

Bumper--> ---------------------------------------------------
/-----------------------------------------------------\
/-------------------------------------------------------\
| | | |
| (*) | Front most part of | (*) |
| | unibody frame ----> | |
| (*) | | (*) |
| | | |
| | | |

The bumper has two arms that slide into the front unibody's "rails". Once you undo these bolts, the WHOLE BUMPER will slide out easy, including the arms that slide into the unibody. Once it is out, you can get to any bolt if you wish to take of the
BUMPER SKIN. No ripping or breaking stuff, no messing with headlights. Hope this helps :-)

I generated this page in 0.0075578689575195 seconds, executing 6 queries.