Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectRE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105071&mesg_id=105073
105073, RE: Speedometer Gauge Confusion
Posted by SnortingCayenne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have rubbed the magic lamp, it has done as you commanded.

Edit: Maybe I should recap...

The gauge assembly (that which contains the meters) has FOUR wires hanging down, they are all white. Each wire has TWO wires, making a total of EIGHT wires. The only set of wires that isn't connected to something is the bottom right set of wires hanging off the gauge assembly.

Here is the mystery: There are two sets of wires, also two other single wires, that are not connected to the gauge assembly. Both sets have a black wire, that is grounded, two yellow wires which look to have some sort of metal connectors at their frayed ends, and also one red wire that is bare.

I believe both of these sets are for the SRS, especially because the SRS light did not light up. Also the FSM seems to suggest as much, though I can't be certain. The FSM shows these wiring but they aren't very clear, and none of them are shown in the position of underneath the gauge assembly. Also the yellow wire with the red sheath, I have no clue what that is for, it is certianly not in the FSM, the black is also a mystery, though probably a ground.

If anyone knows what these wires do, or probably do, any hint would be great. Also, is it possible that the ignition isn't turning over because the SRS was not connected? The FsM did not reference this problem. Thanks!
I generated this page in 0.0069808959960938 seconds, executing 6 queries.