Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectPower Switches... answer me this
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104738&mesg_id=104738
104738, Power Switches... answer me this
Posted by nothingfiction, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, I have a few questions and so far all my reading last 2 weeks i am finding no affirmative answers. and what i do find is just barely grazed then skipped.

Ok, so i have a 97 Eclipse RS with power windows, locks and that is all. No power mirrors, no fog lights, no rear wiper. i HATE staring at blank faceplates knowing something is supposed to go in there. i have recently purchased all of the switches that came with any 2G dsm. even a new (black) dimmer switch.

First question...
is the dimmer switch itself actually supposed to light up as well? i know that all of the other switches do, but is the dimmer supposed to illuminate as well? My stock one never did, but then again it may have burnt out. and the one i recently put in was used and may have burnt out as well. So i thought i would ask.

My car was not manufactured with fog lights, and driving up in Canada in the winter it would be so much better to have them, so i got the brackets, the lights, and the bezels and installed them. Got a new (black) switch for them too. the Switch had a harness already for it that i just plugged them into. So far... everything was easy... However... they are still not hooked up at all. i have failed to jack the car up and climb under there to find out if the wiring is all set and i can just plug them into something once jacked up or not. Another post on here said that all the wiring should be there but then i read a hundred other posts saying i need to hack my harnesses and wire them myself. is the wiring there or not?

Number three...
With all the looking about power mirrors all i am finding is people wanting to actually put power mirrors in. i do not. i just want to install the power mirror switch (which is easy...) but is there a connector back there to hook it up to so that it will illuminate even though it will not actually work? i looked but i didn't see anything, might have been down there deep. i don't know.

and lastly... the rear wiper switch. obviously i have no rear wiper, nor do i plan to ever get one. i took the upper vent out to install the switch and looked but could not find any sort of wiring harness at all. i guess there isn't one at all? Given i have no rear wiper you may ask why bother getting a switch and blah blah blah. As i stated before, i hate blank faceplates... and the rear wiper switch i think could easily be used for a switch to something else (such as undercar neons or something). So again... another useless switch, however i would love it if i could get it to illuminate.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I generated this page in 0.010564088821411 seconds, executing 6 queries.