Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectCEL and Crappy Idle
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9984
9984, CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by EclipseRacer95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Recently my car(96 Tsi AWD)has been idling really shitty. Going from 1000then dippping to about 700 and then around 800 rpms. Then a couple of days ago my CEL came on. WHat could be the problem. I know that it isnt my valve cover gasket bacuese i just did that a week ago. Any ideas????? The care dives ok......seems a little jumpy to me but i am really picky. Sorry for the rant! TIA

Matt
9985, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what is the code being thrown? cylinder ___ misfire? Do you have an SAFC?

Smell around your ECU, see if it smells really bad...
9986, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
The car is completely stock other than the WGS restrictor removed. Also, I know that in a N/T you can do a key dance to determine what code was being thrown, but how do you determine them in a turbo????
9987, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseRacer95
The car is completely stock other than the WGS restrictor removed. Also, I know that in a N/T you can do a key dance to determine what code was being thrown, but how do you determine them in a turbo????

Take your car to Autozone, they will do a free diagnostic check for you and reset the ECU codes.
9988, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Thanks! But I dont have a Autozone around here. So is there any other possible way that I could figure out what is wrong?
9989, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by JReynosa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseRacer95
Thanks! But I dont have a Autozone around here. So is there any other possible way that I could figure out what is wrong?

I believe checker auto parts will lend you a code reader.

edit: They do found it on the website http://www.partsamerica.com/InStoreServices.asp
9990, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Try all major auto parts stores. NAPA, Autozone, Checker, all of those. If all else fails, go to Mitsubishi, I believe they do a free diagnostic check.
9991, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Try all major auto parts stores. NAPA, Autozone, Checker, all of those. If all else fails, go to Mitsubishi, I believe they do a free diagnostic check.

satan does stuff for free!?!! ;-)
9992, RE: CEL and Crappy Idle
Posted by JReynosa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
Originally posted by FlyinEsi Try all major auto parts stores. NAPA, Autozone, Checker, all of those. If all else fails, go to Mitsubishi, I believe they do a free diagnostic check.
satan does stuff for free!?!! ;-)

Of course they do stuff for free. Get a free diagnostic check when you pay $100 to sit in genuine satan waiting chairs. Sounds like a good deal to me.
I generated this page in 0.010805130004883 seconds, executing 7 queries.