Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectcar stutters
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9603
9603, car stutters
Posted by 97gsx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
when the car is cold, it stutters at low rpm's, but is fine once i get past 1500 or so. I had new ngk plugs and old ngk wires and i thought it might be that the wires were old so i put in the MSD super conductors, and that did nothing. Since I was thinking the only 3 things it could be were spark, air or fuel. Well unless its the distributor its not spark, the car runs perfectly fine when warm or past 1500rpm's when cold, so i wasnt thinking that its not getting fuel. I put in lucas fuel injector cleaner, nothing. any ideas??? Mod list below.
9604, RE: car stutters
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you will probly notice it running better at lower boost i bet. even though your not building boost at idle but still. try it
9605, RE: car stutters
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kelvinb1
you will probly notice it running better at lower boost i bet. even though your not building boost at idle but still. try it

actually, it may be because your running too RICH. Try leaning it out a little.
Free rev the engine in 1K increments and lean it out till it starts to misfire and then bump it up 10%.
Edit: what are you using for fuel control anyway? You don't have SAFC or anything listed in your sig. If you aren't using anything, there's your problem.
And BTW, what the hell is the point of doing a 97-99 front end swap on a 97 GSX? :scratch
9606, RE: car stutters
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
maybe his bumper is messed up?
I generated this page in 0.0087611675262451 seconds, executing 7 queries.