Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectupdates on my idle issues
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9581
9581, updates on my idle issues
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it turns out to not be a boost leak. we tested it and found nothing once i got a good tester. here are the things we did check though

plugs, wires, maf, coil pack, and some sensor that has to do with the coil pack. my buddies said it boils down to one of three things, wiring issues, CAS, or ECU. what do you guys think. they seem to think it has something to do with ignition or possibly fuel(though the car is running pig rich and you can smell the fuel while it is running, fuel pump also kicking on as well.) since the car has no boost leaks and good compression. the car stumbles and misses at all ranges on the rpm band. not getting any boost either. dont think it is timing unless it involves the CAS because the belt was on and running fine for at least 6 months. i dont think the belt has skipped any teeth either. any other ideas on what it might be?
9582, RE: updates on my idle issues
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
running too rich is as bad as too lean. Just not as dangerous. ;)
9583, RE: updates on my idle issues
that is what is weird, the car is completely stock minus the stuff that i put on after it started idling crappy.

things i changed AFTER it crapped itself
air filter, spark plugs, plug wires, and exhaust.

in theory, it should run better. ;-)
9584, RE: updates on my idle issues
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
all spark plugs are hitting? with mine i noticed that fuel smell and missing and it was a spark plug that died.
9585, RE: updates on my idle issues
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kelvinb1
all spark plugs are hitting? with mine i noticed that fuel smell and missing and it was a spark plug that died.

I had the same with a bad wire but he changed all that stuff... weird.
9586, RE: updates on my idle issues
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just a wild guess, what about your 02 sensor?
9587, RE: updates on my idle issues
could be 02, we havent tried a different one. all spark plugs are running good, plug wires are throwin spark as well. the topic also came up of bad gas, alhtough i think it to be unlikely since i had half a tank when the problems started. i always fill it up because i like to track my gas milage. i guess it is possible to have a bad half tank of gas when filling it full. *shrug*
9588, RE: updates on my idle issues
Posted by gsTURBOeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
idle surge???????????????? you will never find the cause of it so you might as well quit while your ahead . . haha no if it's idle surge there are tons of possibilities but start with the cheap things first . . good luck . .

my car idle surges randomly . . like only if it's running for a long period of time . . liek if it's running for five minutes it will only idle surge for about a minute or two of those five . . always did it too . . when it was bone stock and still to this day does it . .
I generated this page in 0.010275840759277 seconds, executing 7 queries.