Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectcas question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9543
9543, cas question
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was thinking. you can use the cas to time the car right. so, in my little theory then, you could time your car wrong with the belt, like off a couple hairs, and still even it out with the cas. or, something that just occured to me, would the belt be like something static and the cas would be dynamic. like, if you get the belt off a half tooth, it will always be off a half tooth no matter what adjustment you put on the cas, and if you get your belt timing right, the cas can adjust to any degree you choose. hmmm. thanks for replies. sorry to be so inquisitive(sp)
9544, RE: cas question
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think you can adjust the CAS, but not enough to compensate for the belt being off a tooth + or -
9545, RE: cas question
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think in this case you *may* be right, two wrongs may make a right here, because CAS adjusts base timing and is constant. However, to actually make your timing on you'd have to be running the car with the timing belt off a tooth :shudder I think at least...
I generated this page in 0.010885953903198 seconds, executing 7 queries.