Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectAny of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9241
9241, Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont really want to drill any holes in it to mount the coil pack , i was just curious as to where u mounted yours ?
9242, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
two choices....COP Ignition or Firewall........I believe MSD makes something like a DIY Sparkplug wires. You can cut them to length......

9243, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Another choice is remote mount it near the driver side strut tower. There are a few miscellaneous brackets you can bend there to bolt the coil pack on.
9244, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by Mr Pink, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
COP really cleans your engine bay up, you'll have to rig up a custom spark plug cover though. I'm planning on getting that set up in the future.
9245, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Originally posted by Mr Pink
COP really cleans your engine bay up, you'll have to rig up a custom spark plug cover though. I'm planning on getting that set up in the future.

Dont care about a spark plug cover. Any body know where i can read up on the C.O.P ?

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
9246, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dejon Tool seels one as does Bushcur.....you are looking to spend 400 or better on either one of those setups. Cheapest way would be a remote mount or a mount on the fire wall....but you will have wire everywhere.

9247, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
will have to fab a bracket then. F-it

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
9248, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBald
Dejon Tool seels one as does Bushcur.....you are looking to spend 400 or better on either one of those setups. Cheapest way would be a remote mount or a mount on the fire wall....but you will have wire everywhere.

that's a purrrty engine bay...
9249, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for spark plug wires Taylor makes the cut to fit wires. You want the Taylor 409 race wires and specify cut to fit. You will love em 10mm of the highest quality.

Terry

96 Eagle Talon ESI....Daily driver

97 Eclipse.........
9250, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Posted by 1fast97gsx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
some people mount the coilpacks on the back of the block and run the wires down between the runners of the smim. I just mounted my coilpacks on the firewall and got longer wires. Still looks clean if done right.
9251, RE: Any of you have a Sheet Metal intake ?
Originally posted by 1fast97gsx
some people mount the coilpacks on the back of the block and run the wires down between the runners of the smim. I just mounted my coilpacks on the firewall and got longer wires. Still looks clean if done right.

Pics ??

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
I generated this page in 0.014705181121826 seconds, executing 7 queries.