Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectGreddy EGT Probe Install
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9034
9034, Greddy EGT Probe Install
Posted by Basikstylz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay Im trying to install my probe for my greddy egt and I have the tap all done and what not, however there are 4 pieces, the peice that screws into the manifold, the small "washer/sealer" that go's inside, the top nut, and the probe itself. now the small "washer/sealer" is to small to slide on to the top part of the probe. so am I supposed to force it on to the upper part, cuz if I don't the probe wont go all the way in, plus it just slides in and out, so Im assuming if I leave it like that the preassure will just pop the probe right out of the manifold. however I don't want to force it on until I know Im supposed to, cuz I dun wanna ruin anything. any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff
9035, RE: Greddy EGT Probe Install
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you are going to screw the probe in, i dont believe you use that washer thing. i think it is only for the clamp down probes.
9036, RE: Greddy EGT Probe Install
Posted by Basikstylz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
but if I use the bolt and screw it in, then there is nothing holding the probe in. it slides right out of the fitting.
9037, RE: Greddy EGT Probe Install
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Basikstylz
but if I use the bolt and screw it in, then there is nothing holding the probe in. it slides right out of the fitting.

you need to use all of the pieces. Bascially screw in the piece that fits your tapped hole, then put in that washer piece, and screw in the probe with the smaller piece on top. It'll start off losse, but as you tighten it the washer piece crushes and tightens on the EGT probe. Its difficult to explain, but really not that hard to do. Just remember it starts out loose, but tightens on the probe as you screw in the 2nd part.
I generated this page in 0.013529062271118 seconds, executing 7 queries.