Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject2g Intake question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8752
8752, 2g Intake question
Posted by cool_g_83, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've recently been in the market for an intake for my 99 gs-t and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. As of now i am still on my t-25 and probably will be for a while ( im going to try to milk all i can from it ) and if i ever do change it wont be for a LONG time down the road.

I found this ExtremePsi intake and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. What i was wondering about that particular intake was the filter quality :squint.

I have also heard good things about DejonTools's intake, but i dont know which one applies to me :shrug. Also if any of you have had outstanding experience with an intake i have not mentioned, please give me some feedback on it.

BTW: I am eventually going to get a Greddy Type-S BOV recirculated if that factors into this.
8753, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
to be honest, you really dont' need a hard intake pipe with a T-25. If/When you upgrade turbos, you *may* have fitment issues.

www.vfaq.com is a great source

Personally, I would go with the tried and true K&N filter. Then get a Hard UIP flanged for a Type-S. My K&N has had 2+years of HARD use and it still looks/works great!

On a side note, If I could do it again I'd buy a 1g BOV and crush it--believe it or not its alot higher quality than the typeS. The type S has a tendancy to strip out the threds on the adjusting screw, which is a total PITA. It also is a bit leaky. From my own personal experience I don't recommend many Greddy products...
8754, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm still using my stock intake snorkel. :shrug Just get the K&N FIPK. Actually, I think I may still have an adapter kicking round here that will allow you to bolt a cone filter onto the 2G MAF. Then all's you'd need is the filter part.
Lemme see if I still got it...
8755, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST
I'm still using my stock intake snorkel.

evo 16g here---it works great--also convenient for coolant hose routing, etc. because it can be moved around when working down there.
8756, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by cool_g_83, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sweet man, let me know what you got!
8757, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade.

JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)
8758, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade. JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)

Oh so he can only use the intake on a t-25 and t-28 ? lmao.

Yes upgrade to a hard pipe. Yes you can use it on other turbos. It can be used on 14b, 16g, 20g, and t28. Wont get much if any gains from doing it besides the turbo spooling a bit louder.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
8759, RE: 2g Intake question
Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade. JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)
Oh so he can only use the intake on a t-25 and t-28 ? lmao. Yes upgrade to a hard pipe. Yes you can use it on other turbos. It can be used on 14b, 16g, 20g, and t28. Wont get much if any gains from doing it besides the turbo spooling a bit louder. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

I was refering to how the intake narrows down to approx 2", the exact size of a T25/T28. Not worth it to purchase a 200$ Injen unit if you have the intention to upgrade to somethign bigger.

I wouldn't use the same intake on a 16g/20g unit. It would be counter productive.

hence he shoudl just hack off the internal snorkel and run with it until time to upgrade. I wish I had done so with my Spyder. The Injen on it was a waste IMO.

8760, RE: 2g Intake question
Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser I agree the Hard pipe intake conversion on the T-25 is a waste of time, unless your future mod is restricted to the T-28 upgrade. JUst remove the internal snorkel, replace UPIC, and slap on a new K& N/BOV (1g/type-S)
Oh so he can only use the intake on a t-25 and t-28 ? lmao. Yes upgrade to a hard pipe. Yes you can use it on other turbos. It can be used on 14b, 16g, 20g, and t28. Wont get much if any gains from doing it besides the turbo spooling a bit louder. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
I was refering to how the intake narrows down to approx 2", the exact size of a T25/T28. Not worth it to purchase a 200$ Injen unit if you have the intention to upgrade to somethign bigger. I wouldn't use the same intake on a 16g/20g unit. It would be counter productive. hence he shoudl just hack off the internal snorkel and run with it until time to upgrade. I wish I had done so with my Spyder. The Injen on it was a waste IMO.

Counter productive ? 16g, tdo5 20g are all the same size.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
8761, RE: 2g Intake question
Remy, you need to read more carefully and think things through before responding.

I know they are in the same family of turbos, and hence I grouped them together.

8762, RE: 2g Intake question
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Remy, you need to read more carefully and think things through before responding. I know they are in the same family of turbos, and hence I grouped them together.

Im sorry kaiser, but even I dont know what your talking about here... lol lets just drop it.
8763, RE: 2g Intake question
Originally posted by PowerEclipses
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser Remy, you need to read more carefully and think things through before responding. I know they are in the same family of turbos, and hence I grouped them together.
Im sorry kaiser, but even I dont know what your talking about here... lol lets just drop it.

Dropped :)

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
I generated this page in 0.013792037963867 seconds, executing 7 queries.