Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: 2G 4G63 path of modification and/or ideas...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8486&mesg_id=8488
8488, RE: 2G 4G63 path of modification and/or ideas...
Posted by NHH223, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I have a few lame logical reasons to race the GS-T and daily drive the STi.

1) AWD is KEY in New England Winters
2) It is new, and will not break every other week
3) Gas mileage seems great with the 6th gear (sink it in 6th at 35mph, LOL)
4) It is new, Subaru, (im a Mitsu guy) and I don't wanna break shit modifying it
5) 4 doors = driving friends around, not racing
6) An EVO 8 is Mitsu, I'm kinda tired of Mitsus (2nd Eclipse)
7) It's good enough so I won't modify 2 cars at once (big no-no) and has the iron-tough stuff like AWD, 4 doors, trunk space, and visibility (when you're 5'5" sitting all the way back in an Eclipse, you can't see sh!t!)

GS-T wise...

1) I have put too much money and work just to get rid of it
2) It is my race car, LOL
3) I love Eclipses as racers
4) FWD = Challenge
5) My GS shoulda been my racer, but now the GS-T is

Oh, I know of 3 ways to fix venting

1) don't (HKS, Greddy, Stock, 1G re-cirrculate it)
2) Apex'i S-AFC II (controls de-acceleration A/F)
3) GM MAF

If I get the sticker with the stock 2G BOV, I wanna throw the GS-T in my garage, get the S-AFC II and every other Eclipse part KNOWN TO MAN and get that thing on the road fully modded in a couple months. Granted I get this $50k/yr job. My path of mods is kinda laid out in front of me, but a question for help is...

Do I modify exhaust, suspension, int/ext, then go to the turbo work?
If I upgrade my turbo, I'd prefer to rebuild my engine and of course the trans that pops out of reverse at the same time, which would be a $10,000 project, which I would chip away at for about 6 months. Should I support the suspension and dashing good looks of my car? Or dive into the engine work? Thanks, Nick
I generated this page in 0.0081868171691895 seconds, executing 6 queries.