Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: Ok, this got me a little nervous
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8445&mesg_id=8471
8471, RE: Ok, this got me a little nervous
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I reluctantly took it to a shop yesterday so they could hook a scan tool up to it, to set the idle. The mechanic took a fucking HOUR to do it! But, that didn't fix the problem. I guess the scan tool told him that the idle motor is sticking, so I'll be looking around for one.

When I got there to pick it up, he told me that it took an hour so my bill would be $67! I was like "what took him so long?" He said the guy cleaned out around the idle motor and all that, and I said that I had already done that. He was like, "oh, welll" lol. He also said if I wanted to get a new motor put in, the part alone would be $400! I said I can find one myself and put it in and the only reason I came here is because I can't afford a $1800 scan tool. Then he told me that if I get a new motor and put it in myself, I can come back and have the idle set for free if it's off. So, I paid $67 for nothing really, but I get it for free next time(if I need it :rolleyes)

So, if anybody has an idle motor off of a 1g turbo OR non-turbo or 2g turbo, I would like to buy it.

edit- I guess I can get one from any of these sources:
1990-1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser Turbo-And Non Turbo,
-1991-1992 Galant VR-4
-1989 Mirage/Colt Turbo
-1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo-And Non Turbo
-1995-1998 Eagle Talon Turbo-And Non Turbo
-Dodge Steath/3000GT-3.0 Turbo and NT

It might fit other vehicles as well.
I generated this page in 0.0077741146087646 seconds, executing 6 queries.