Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectelectrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8285
8285, electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Posted by BMPDirk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well, thankfully i fixed the electrical problem. The car now run's smooth with no hesitation. Anyway. When i go WOT, im only hitting 10psi...and sometimes it creeps to 12-13psi, sometimes it doesnt. My question is, shouldnt it be hitting 12psi at a minimum? Im pretty sure thats the stock spring rate of the wastegate on the 16g. I guess im going to try bypassing the boost controller and see what happens. One thing to note though...when i had the t25, it was set for 15psi. Then suddenly one day it would hit 13psi, then creep to 15psi. So i think theres a leak somewhere. Whats a safe boost level to run the evoIII 16g at with stock fuel pump? i have 650cc installed, just havent got to the fuel pump. Also, my car felt faster with the t25 in it @15psi, but DSMLink is picking up 24lbs/min, while with the t25 i was only getting like 20lbs/min if i remember correctly. The 16g does feel stronger up top, just not nearly as torquey as the t25. When the t25 would hit, it was a sudden hit of tq..with the 16g, its much smoother, which i like....but i want it to be more powerful.
8286, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BMPDirk
but i want it to be more powerful.

Install the fuel pump Ricardo.

Don't even bother upping the boost until that pump is installed. Once you do that, you can look forward to 18-20psi and plenty of power.
8287, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by BMPDirk but i want it to be more powerful.
Install the fuel pump Ricardo. Don't even bother upping the boost until that pump is installed. Once you do that, you can look forward to 18-20psi and plenty of power.

Thats my problem man. My dad and i got into a fight about this car stuff this weekend, and he said that im not allowed to use his garage or tools anymore for modding my car. Thats why i didnt install the fuel pump. Once i installed the turbo/injectors i left. It's a long story, kinda personal so i can tell you over the phone later, but basically i cant use his garage/tools anymore, and i cant afford to buy tools at the moment.
8288, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Installing a fuel pump requires two wrenches and a screw driver, so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle. When my schedule frees up I can help you do that. For now don't raise the boost over 12psi.
8289, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Originally posted by BMPDirk My question is, shouldnt it be hitting 12psi at a minimum? Im pretty sure thats the stock spring rate of the wastegate on the 16g. I guess im going to try bypassing the boost controller and see what happens. One thing to note though...when i had the t25, it was set for 15psi. Then suddenly one day it would hit 13psi, then creep to 15psi. So i think theres a leak somewhere.

Anyone have opinions on this??

Thanks Jeff. How long does a fuel pump take on average? Do i need to run an FPR? Rewire?

Also, when i first start the car, it misses for the first few minutes until it warms up. Only in the lower rpm's though. I did a search and found that alot of people are experiencing this with FIC 650cc. Anyone on here have any experience with this?
8290, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mine misses for the first min or so. I have RC 550's now so it's probably not related to a particular type of injector.
Fuel pump shouldn't take more than an 45 min to an hour for someone never having done one before.
You shouldn't need an FPR unless you have the super-duper walbro 255 HP. With a regular 190 or 255, you'll be fine. You shouldn't really need to rewire with a upgraded fuel pump. Most people rewire to get as much as they can from a stocker. I did mine but simply because I was itchy to work on my car and didn't have a lot of money at the time.
There, now I replied to your post too. ;) Hope I helped some.
8291, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Mine misses for the first min or so. I have RC 550's now so it's probably not related to a particular type of injector. Fuel pump shouldn't take more than an 45 min to an hour for someone never having done one before. You shouldn't need an FPR unless you have the super-duper walbro 255 HP. With a regular 190 or 255, you'll be fine. You shouldn't really need to rewire with a upgraded fuel pump. Most people rewire to get as much as they can from a stocker. I did mine but simply because I was itchy to work on my car and didn't have a lot of money at the time. There, now I replied to your post too. ;) Hope I helped some.

Thanks for the response man, you did help :thumbsup I ordered the regular 255 but is there anyway to make sure its not the HP version? Do you have the 255 or 190? If so what differences did you notice if any when you did the rewire? Any thoughts on my boost issue? Thanks.
8292, RE: electrical problem fixed...now questions about 16g
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the HP 255 and regular have different model numbers i believe. as far as the rewire, i havent done it so this is just a guess, but i would say it will flow a more "regular" number of fuel than a non rewired. it will have a more standard voltage therefore, it wont be as keen to drop out a little when the voltage goes low. even though it is an upgraded pump, you have to look at it from the whole perspective. you flow 2 gallons of fuel through a garden hose, you flow 2 gallons of fuel through a fireman hose. if you lose pressure on either one of those hoeses, the fuel will slow down regardless. hope that makes sense.
I generated this page in 0.010504961013794 seconds, executing 7 queries.