Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectOil on valve cover
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8198
8198, Oil on valve cover
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Every time i drive and going into boost i end up finding a tiny pool of oil on the center of the valve cover. I suspect the oil cap is leaking oil but the cap and gasket are brand new. Could the valve cover have a crack allowing oil to leak through? I'm confused about where the oil is coming from. Thanks for help in advance

8199, RE: Oil on valve cover
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would take the cover off and see how the other side of it looks (to see if you can see any cracks). You could always get a new one for fairly cheap anyways. Good luck!
8200, RE: Oil on valve cover
Posted by BMPDirk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if the crack in the pic go's all the way through, you wont be able to see it on the other side. Theres a thin piece of metal in the way. Valve covers are cheap, you can get a nice powder coated one for around 80 bucks shipped.

EDIT: after looking at the crack, it shouldnt cause oil to leak. Maybe your spark plug gaskets need to be replaced?
8201, RE: Oil on valve cover
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Even brand new oil cap gaskets can leak. Oil can also come up through the holes for the screws that bolt the valve cover to the head. I would replace your valve cover gasket and make sure to use some RTV on the screws when you reinstall it.
8202, RE: Oil on valve cover
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thxs for the help guys, going to change the valve cover and gaskets.
I generated this page in 0.0073390007019043 seconds, executing 7 queries.