Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectStrange Sound at start up
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8034
8034, Strange Sound at start up
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just bought a 98 GST. Car looks great and runs perfect however every morning when I start it for the first time it makes this sound like a baseball card in bike spokes just slightly. The sound is coming from the pulleys/belts. Once the car has warmed up the first time it never does it again. I can shut it off for three hours and restart it with no noise. It only happens when it sits overnight. Thanks in advance.
8035, RE: Strange Sound at start up
Posted by BMPDirk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lifter tick ?
8036, RE: Strange Sound at start up
Dont think so there is no noise coming from the engine itself its something on the side there.
8037, RE: Strange Sound at start up
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You check the belts and the pulleys?
8038, RE: Strange Sound at start up
Belt dressing stops the sound after the belts run through for a second or so. Its just odd Ive never heard belts make a noise like that. Im still thinking its a pulley. I probably need to just remove the belts and replace them. The car sat stored for three months before I bought it so its possible there may be some dry rot on the belts.
8039, RE: Strange Sound at start up
Okay I found the problem. The guy I bought the car from sprayed something that has the feel of glue all over the engine compartment to make it look glossy and there was a big gob of it right on my power steering pump pulley.
I generated this page in 0.0088191032409668 seconds, executing 7 queries.