Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRemy, FP2's question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7943
7943, Remy, FP2's question
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been researching cams and thinking of HKS 272's or FP2's and I've heard that the FP2's were causing some cars to stall after the engine revs down or it will idle real low. Did you/do you have this problem? I've read that the FP2's are supposed to have a better idle and a better top end than the HKS's but the trade-off may be less low end than the HKS's which doesn't really bother me, just wanted to see what your or anybody else's with these cams experiences were.

Thanks
7944, RE: Remy, FP2's question
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
I've been researching cams and thinking of HKS 272's or FP2's and I've heard that the FP2's were causing some cars to stall after the engine revs down or it will idle real low. Did you/do you have this problem? I've read that the FP2's are supposed to have a better idle and a better top end than the HKS's but the trade-off may be less low end than the HKS's which doesn't really bother me, just wanted to see what your or anybody else's with these cams experiences were. Thanks

I've heard nothing but good things about the FP2's. Much more friendly than the HKS cams.
7945, RE: Remy, FP2's question
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My car idles just like stock. I didnt adjust it at all. The top end is supposed to be the same as the hks 272's. I can't speak for the 272's because i have never owned them but my top end is pretty insane . I also run a Magnus to help that. I have nothing but positve things to say about these cams.

My car is a dog on the low end. But i would say the Magnus has alot to do with that. But when racing when are you actually under 5k rpm anyway ? I also have no stalling issues.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
7946, RE: Remy, FP2's question
Ok thanks, I just read a thread on Tuners that two people had stalling issues with them so I wanted to see if was a common problem or if it's just something else that's wrong with their cars.

Edit- Oh yeah, do you have upgraded springs and retainers, too? I would get them anyway, just wondering if you're running them on the stock parts.
7947, RE: Remy, FP2's question
On this car my head is totally stock. Will upgrade over winter.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
7948, RE: Remy, FP2's question
Originally posted by Remy
On this car my head is totally stock. Will upgrade over winter. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

What RPM do you wind it up to? I'm guessing 8k or more for the intake and cams but no problems with floating or anything, huh?
7949, RE: Remy, FP2's question
Originally posted by Remy On this car my head is totally stock. Will upgrade over winter. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
What RPM do you wind it up to? I'm guessing 8k or more for the intake and cams but no problems with floating or anything, huh?

I am Going to the track next month with this head and I will run it to 8k. On the street I have gotten it to 7500 during tuning sessions. After next month this head becomes a paper weight.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
7950, RE: Remy, FP2's question
Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by Remy On this car my head is totally stock. Will upgrade over winter. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
I am Going to the track next month with this head and I will run it to 8k. On the street I have gotten it to 7500 during tuning sessions. After next month this head becomes a paper weight. WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

Sounds good. Thanks for the responses.
I generated this page in 0.014408111572266 seconds, executing 7 queries.