Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectMY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7733
7733, MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Posted by reaxion, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
allow me to clarify...I put on an HKS SSQV on my car earlier this week, started her up, and I was shocked when it sounded just like my old one(crushed 1G BOV). upon further inspection, I realized, I had never been blowing out the BOV at all, rather it sounds like its coming out of my intake..!? I checked the MAS last night, its getting power and its sending out the 5v ref...so what could it be? Im open to any ideas...pleaaaaaaaase help me!
7734, RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check the vacuum source to the bov. thats all I know... check for boost leaks and vacuum leaks also. With my blitz bov I can watch the valve open if i rev the engine and watch the bov... so try that and see if you see it open or feel any air coming out.
7735, RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Posted by orzech, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i hope you bought the recirculation kit for this BOV if you are not running a GM mas... if not you need one asap
7736, RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you are recirculating then it will sound like it is coming out of the intake filter, mine does that too, there is nowhere else for the sound to come from. If you are not blowing off at all, then check your vacuum source on the BOV.
7737, RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Posted by reaxion, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the recirc kit...its not on though. and I asked a couple of the local DSM guys I know, theyre saying check the vaccuum source too. I do have 2 other things tee'd into it, could be leaking...
and whats the deal with the GM MAS? is it that much better than the 2G MAS?
7738, RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!
Posted by orzech, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
1. you need to run the recirc adapter
2. gm mas can be a major pain in the ass so i wouldnt recommend it unless you have great tuning skills
3. i am not sure if the SSQ BOV's are adjustable but if they are you need to lighten the spring
4. liek they said make sure all vac lines are in tact and where they should be and no major boost leaks.
I generated this page in 0.008296012878418 seconds, executing 7 queries.