Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectair intake stolen and now just clicks
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7392
7392, air intake stolen and now just clicks
Posted by jfais1717, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
theres a gst im lookin into buying. some one broke into it and stole the intake including the vaf sensor(volume air flow). it ran before but not now. would this cause the engine to not run? i know its a stupid question but im just tryin to make sure someone isnt tryin to rip me off. thanks and plaese let me know
7393, RE: air intake stolen and now just clicks
Posted by ForceFed420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jfais1717
would this cause the engine to not run?

I'm guessing it would. I don't own any cars with a MAF, but how is the computer going to figure out the air without that signal?

It's also called an MAF (mass air flow)sensor in case they throw that term around.

Brian

7394, RE: air intake stolen and now just clicks
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Car will not run without MAF as far as I know. Tell the seller to install a new MAF and then you'll talk. Otherwise, no telling what you're getting yourself into.
7395, RE: air intake stolen and now just clicks
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It will run. But will idle like shit and you WON'T be able to drive it. I know because I've forgotten to plug mine back in before.
7396, RE: air intake stolen and now just clicks
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Car will not run without MAF as far as I know. Tell the seller to install a new MAF and then you'll talk. Otherwise, no telling what you're getting yourself into.

it should run, it would just run even more pig rich than they do in their stock form beacuse it is dumping in XX amount of fuel instead of calculated values from air coming in. it will probly idle higher or at least different with it unplugged.
7397, RE: air intake stolen and now just clicks
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As what everyone else said, if you are just getting clicks I doubt its JUST the sensor. In my experiance (forgot to plug mine back in), it starts up, idle goes crazy between 300-1500 rpms and just about dies 3 times a second.
I generated this page in 0.012403011322021 seconds, executing 7 queries.