Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjecto2 housing bolt missing
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7382
7382, o2 housing bolt missing
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I can only get three of the four o2 housing bolts back on my turbo. The housing is just a little bit off I think so I can't stick that fourth one back in. Is it ok to just run 3 bolts? Any problems with the o2 sensor maybe?
7383, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are you talking about the bolts that hold the turbo on to the manifold or the bolts that hold the o2 housing on the turbo?
7384, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You do have the other 3 bolts loose so you can wiggle it around right?
7385, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
maybe try putting them in in a different order, that way they all line up easier??
7386, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
I think I had trouble with one of the turbo bolts when I put the evoIII 16G on my 2G. I had to basically put that one in first before holding up the turbo to the manifold and then thread it in a lil'. The other 3 I could get in no problem. A far as the o2 housing bolts, no problem with those...
7387, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Ok, I got the four bolts in after completely redoing it. It was a pain in the ass and my mistake was doing it while it was still on the car. (I thought it would save me time to leave the o2 housing bolted to the exhaust the whole time. ha!) Now I hope those fuckers don't back out on me. I REALLLY hope they stay in.
7388, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by burntheblobs
Ok, I got the four bolts in after completely redoing it. It was a pain in the ass and my mistake was doing it while it was still on the car. (I thought it would save me time to leave the o2 housing bolted to the exhaust the whole time. ha!) Now I hope those fuckers don't back out on me. I REALLLY hope they stay in.

Ya, I also found out that it is pretty much impossible to get the housing on if the turbo is on the motor. I don't have a problem with those staying in, but I am having trouble with one of the turbo to manifold bolts staying in...
7389, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Originally posted by 97eclipse97I am having trouble with one of the turbo to manifold bolts staying in...

I had one that loosened up a lil on the ride home from RI after installing my turbo. After I tightened it again, I never had a problem with it.

7390, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Originally posted by burntheblobs Ok, I got the four bolts in after completely redoing it. It was a pain in the ass and my mistake was doing it while it was still on the car. (I thought it would save me time to leave the o2 housing bolted to the exhaust the whole time. ha!) Now I hope those fuckers don't back out on me. I REALLLY hope they stay in.
Ya, I also found out that it is pretty much impossible to get the housing on if the turbo is on the motor. I don't have a problem with those staying in, but I am having trouble with one of the turbo to manifold bolts staying in...

I used to have problems with those. Two big things that helped was torqueing them to spec (45ft lbs) AND using medium strength blue thread locker. The thread locker burns off but the residue is still enough to keep those bad boys in place.
7391, RE: o2 housing bolt missing
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by burntheblobs
I used to have problems with those. Two big things that helped was torqueing them to spec (45ft lbs) AND using medium strength blue thread locker. The thread locker burns off but the residue is still enough to keep those bad boys in place.

Good info on that product, thanks. I might have to try that out :)
I generated this page in 0.01436185836792 seconds, executing 7 queries.