Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: PROBLEM ECU? Sensors? long Sorry
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=6988&mesg_id=7002
7002, RE: PROBLEM ECU? Sensors? long Sorry
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok Let me start by saying I have been a NYS inspector for going on 8 years now. I don't know what the hell you are talking about by Inspection Monitors. Your ECU records information pertaining to DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) When something does not function properly it saves the information in the ECU and can be retrieved and cleared with a Scanner. Now if you bring in your car and it is pre 1996, and the Check Engine light Cycles on and off at initialkey turn when being inspected we won't even hook up the scanner for emissions purposes. Now if you have a check engine light, the check engine light does not cycle, or you car is a 1996 model year or later I have to hook up the scanner. If there are any codes for emissions or evap systems you Fail the emissions portion of your inspection. If your car has a code for the battery being unhooked in the last 50 key cycles You fail the inspection. If I look under your car and don't see a Catalytic converter You fail the inspection. If I look under the hood and see that you are missing any emissions or EVAP equipment you fail the inspection.

-Kevin
I generated this page in 0.0099358558654785 seconds, executing 6 queries.