Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectwhen a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=680
680, when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by flossinpnoyracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Why do you guys hate and say CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

wassup wid dat

aint nothing wrong wid going to bigger things

Check out my site!!!
http://www.flossinpnoyracer.homestead.com
681, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Huh what's that suppose to mean? RU saying the 4G63 is better? I for one don't care but if they made a turbo 420A from the factory I'm sure it'll whoop the 4G63.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Autometer Bezel Gauge Holder & Modified A/F Ratio Gauge | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |
682, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by FuSi0N, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well crankwalk (as mysterious as it is) is a fatal failure to an engine, unless you're and owner of a 4g63 who has put madd $$ into it and then finds out that your car is a victim of crankwalk then you sing a different story. It's sort of like that feeling you get when you get into a car collision and you wish you could go back in time and stayed at home at that point and time of the crash. Crankwalk may not be inevitable to a 4g64 but the number of affected cars out there makes it something to think about.

97 RS lurking in Hayward CA
Mods:
Injen Intake w/Cold Air Extension
Greddy Evo Catback
Eibach Sportlines
18x7.5 ADR Sokudo on 225/40/18 Toyo Proxies

email: sir_fusi0n@hotmail.com

join #2GNT on Dalnet IRC
683, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by DeezGst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
huh? I don't get it?

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM

http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.geocities.com/deezgst
1997 GS-T
210hp & 236lbs at 15psi
14.3@99
Soon you can just call me frank :-)
684, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by 99GSBBTurbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

NOTHING is PERFECT.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"
685, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by jZa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
here we go again

javi d
vroom n' boom
not a bad way to spend 7 grand:

686, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OK here's how it's gotta be. 4G63, 420A... either way it's an eclipse. Who caes. This site is about uniting DSMs. Not arguing that a turbo motor or 420A is better. It just an't be determined. It's an endless argument. Just say I have an eclipse, mine's not turbo...yet. Or I got turbo stock. Nobody really cares. I'm tired of theendless flamin and arguing. Nobody really knows which motr is better. It's a given that the 4G63 is better vs. 420A stock tho. Oh well the point is, we all have eclipses or talons here an we just gotta mke the most of having something in common with so many people. It's a great thing to have, enjoy it and make the most of it.
687, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do I have this mysterious 4G63 motor? I'm TSi AWD, I still have no idea what a crank walk is even after I read that site.... I'm guessing is it cheap fixes to major problems?
~Tha Gho$t

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

688, RE: when a 4G63 engine comes up.....
Posted by DeezGst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Crankawlk is exactly what the name says. It's when the bearings that hold the crank wear down and the crank ends up going through the block...it takes a walk sideways....Chances are you probablly have a slight case or none at all...only a percentage get it to the point of a rebuild.

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM

http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.geocities.com/deezgst
1997 GS-T
210hp & 236lbs at 15psi
14.3@99
Soon you can just call me frank :-)
689, i got a lil' ole stock 420a
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i agree.. united we stand, divided we fall! i dont ever plan on getting a turbo.. my car is just for driving... no racing. but i am a part of the DSM community and am proud that i know some oflks on here who got some baad ass rides and who have modded thier cars (turbo, AFX pulley, cat back, etc.) i am proud i know you guys and hope i get a chance to meet more of you(have met weepul and kilpzracer so far)! i dont claim my car to be fatser than anyone else's..but it does run! ;) gimme some luvvv yallll!! :o

'99 Eclipse RS (Special Edition)
Iceman Cold Air Intake (Blue)
Powerslot X-drilled rotors w/Axxis Metal Master brake pads
Myrtle Shoot 18's w/ 215-35-18 Nitto NT450 Extreme Tires

Indiglo guages and lighted valve stems
Custom audio/video system
NGK BK 5's
Magnecore wires on the way!

1/4 mile in 37.220 sec's ;)
690, RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a
Posted by magnus, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i gots dem both and i change the oil in the 4G the same as in the 420......neither engine will make you a better driver, thats where it really counts
691, RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a
Posted by Eclipse550HP, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 30-Aug-01 AT 02:13 PM (PST)

OK now Im thinking about geting a 99 GSX, Now I also have a TSi with the 4g63 and its fine, my bud had a Tsi Awd and was also fine. I ask people that have 4g63's all the time if there engine is fine and they all are. So what I think it all comes down to is the people that own the cars with that engine IE they beat the shit out of it all the time. My Tsi has a lot of mods from the day I got it and when I drive it I keep it EZ but I have beed known to lightem up a bit and its still fine. If they give me a good deal on the GSX I will have 2 4g63's that have no crak walk. I think its all bull that non 4g people made out to be a big thing with all 4gs no matter what

692, RE: i got a lil' ole stock 420a
Posted by klipzracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that's one reason i got a first gen. :)

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com

http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

693, RE: 420a
Posted by 96NOS_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know most people are fine from the dreaded crankwalk. 95% of the cases of crankwalk result in cars with an upgraded clutch (usually an ACT 2600) 0.01% of crankwalk in an automatic and rest on cars with a stock clutch.
That fact is, crankwalk CAN happen in any car, but the point here is 2g 4g63's do, and 2g 420a's haven't, even after 6 years not one case.
The 4g6 people on this board have to realize that the 420a people have delt with nothing but B.S. since the 420a came out.
If you had people telling you for the last 6 years that your engine is shit wouldn't you be picking? I mean what do you expect.

I generated this page in 0.010247945785522 seconds, executing 7 queries.