Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1g BOV... Louder?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=6298
6298, 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by Nackers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is there any way to make the 1gBOV louder. My friend has a 91 Laser with intercooler (if that helps:rolleyes ) and wants to make the BOV pshhht without buying a new one. Can you do it? I checked out VFAQ and saw how to make the turbo louder, but saw nothing about the BOV. I know nothing about turbo shit and he dosen't either so is the BOV the black thing on the passanger side of the car between the air filter and the strut? TIA.
6299, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by icedout, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no you can only make it hold more boost up to 20 psi by crushing it but it doesn't make it louder. either get a greddy or a tial if he has a vpc so he can vent into the atmosphere
6300, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by BoostedGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>and wants to make the BOV pshhht

Ricer!! :P

Ok, with that said.....if he buys an K&N FIPK kit, it will open up his intake A LOT, which will give him a small HP gain as well as making the BOV quite a bit louder.
6301, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
So the stock 1g does not vent into the atmosphere? Would taking the scilencer out make it any louder? I know it makes the turbo louder, but like I said before... I don't know anything about turbos.
6302, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>So the stock 1g does not vent into the atmosphere? Would
>taking the scilencer out make it any louder? I know it makes
>the turbo louder, but like I said before... I don't know
>anything about turbos.

WTF are you talking about. Do you know anything about the 4g63. There is no silencier in the BOV. Think before you speak cause your talking shit that you have no idea about:nono :rolleyes
6303, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Neither the 1g nor the 2g vent to atmosphere. They both recirculate because the air is metered by the MAF. So if you want to make the BOV louder, you can either:

1) get the K&N FIPK
2) get a VPC and a BOV that vents to atmosphere
3) try an aftermarket BOV that still recirculates, like the Greddy Type S
6304, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah committee says venting to the atmosphere is a no-no...at least on 2G's, although since the engine is the same on the 1g, i'm sure its the same. When you vent to the atmosphere (sorry guys, i know most know this) you are releasing air that was already read by the MAF, meaning the ECU thinks more air is in the system than actually is... weird things happen, so I hear..
6305, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
"WTF are you talking about. Do you know anything about the 4g63. There is no silencier in the BOV. Think before you speak cause your talking shit that you have no idea about:rolleyes :nono "

Do you know anything about the 4g63... If you could read you would see that I already stated I had NO idea about turbo shit and since the 4g63 is a turbo motor... hum... can you figure it out?

There is no silencer... Since obviously you can't read, I guess I will have to explain to you. The silencer in the intake either before or after the MAF (can't remember). If I were to take it out, would it make the BOV louder? I know that it will make the turbo louder, but what about the BOV.

Talking shit that I have no idea about?... Once again, if you could only read. I already said I don't know about turbo shit. That is why I am ASKING for help. How bout you open your eyes before you reply jackass.

Thanks BoostedGS for your help:thumbsup . As for you... well I think I have pushed my point enough.
6306, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Ahem....cough...points....cough!! hehe j/k

I think you were mis-informed about the silencer thing. There is no silencer in a stock 4g63 intake. Someone might have been telling you about removing the honeycombs, but that shouldn't really affect the decibel level of the BOV. A 1g MAF runs on a "hot wire" type fed technology, it becomes more accurate but cools slower when the honeycombs are removed.
6307, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
I thought that there was a silencer cause that is what I saw on VFAQ. It showed how to remove it on a 1g, I think it was a Talon. Well anyway, thanks a lot for your help.
6308, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just put a cone filter in place of the factory air box. This will make you HEAR the BOV.

-Tony '98-GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM
6309, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>"WTF are you talking about. Do you know anything about the
>4g63. There is no silencier in the BOV. Think before you speak
>cause your talking shit that you have no idea about:rolleyes
>:nono "
>
>
>Do you know anything about the 4g63... If you could read you
>would see that I already stated I had NO idea about turbo shit
>and since the 4g63 is a turbo motor... hum... can you figure
>it out?
why yes i can figure it out cause i own a 4g63!
>
>There is no silencer... Since obviously you can't read, I
>guess I will have to explain to you. The silencer in the
>intake either before or after the MAF (can't remember). If I
>were to take it out, would it make the BOV louder? I know
>that it will make the turbo louder, but what about the BOV.
>
as stated again you don't know your head from your ass cause there is no silencer!!!!

>Talking shit that I have no idea about?... Once again, if you
>could only read. I already said I don't know about turbo
>shit. That is why I am ASKING for help. How bout you open
>your eyes before you reply jackass.

How about you get your head out of your ass before replying if you don't know shit don't talk shit.... look it up noobie!!!!!!!
>
>Thanks BoostedGS for your help:thumbsup . As for you... well
>I think I have pushed my point enough.

point is that you don't know shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6310, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
"point is that you don't know shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Your a fuckin bitch... thats the point. A forum is so you can ask questions and get answers. Not for bitches like you who say "you don't know shit." Fuck you... bitch.
6311, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
"There is no silencer... Since obviously you can't read, I guess I will have to explain to you. The silencer in the intake either before or after the MAF (can't remember). If I were to take it out, would it make the BOV louder? I know that it will make the turbo louder, but what about the BOV. "

Noob you can't go screaming at people trying to help you when you know nothing about what your talking about. It makes you look stupid and makes veterans of the board (icedout) not even wanna help other noobs out. There is no silencer. I dont know who told you that but they no dick about our cars. You can only can be very loud (ricer move imo) if you get vpc (4g63)and vent the bov to the atmosphere. There are aloso louder bovs then the stock 1g .

lata

6312, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>"point is that you don't know shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>
>Your a fuckin bitch... thats the point. A forum is so you can
>ask questions and get answers. Not for bitches like you who
>say "you don't know shit." Fuck you... bitch.

you have proved you don;t know shit cause you can;t get your head out of your ass........

And a the bitch is the bitch that is crying (nackers).... waaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa

time to grow up you little POS. When you get a FUCKING clue come talk on my level..... but you have a lot of growing up and learing before you can compete on my level.......
Stay with your NT......HOMO When your Turbo or ownz a turbo dsm come talk.....:nono :rolleyes
6313, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
dude I found on VFAQ that there is a silencer in the intake. Here is a link to what I am talking about...
http://www.vfaq.net/mods/10faq.html

As for "don't go screaming", if he wasn't being a bitch saying shit like "think before you speak" I wouldn't be. I asked a question about the silencer by my understanding from VFAQ and he said that shit. I came here to find out some answers about a 1g BOV and what he said does NOT tell me he is trying to help. In fact, he is saying: You are stupid and don't post here. imo. So fuck him and this thread. Thanks to the people that actually had some valuable info, I appreciate it.
6314, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>dude I found on VFAQ that there is a silencer in the intake.
>Here is a link to what I am talking about...
>http://www.vfaq.net/mods/10faq.html
>
>As for "don't go screaming", if he wasn't being a bitch saying
>shit like "think before you speak" I wouldn't be. I asked a
>question about the silencer by my understanding from VFAQ and
>he said that shit. I came here to find out some answers about
>a 1g BOV and what he said does NOT tell me he is trying to
>help. In fact, he is saying: You are stupid and don't post
>here. imo. So fuck him and this thread. Thanks to the people
>that actually had some valuable info, I appreciate it.

No fuck you HICK!!! Your the bitch...... and i am telling you that since you wanna be a dick.... Don't post on shit that you know nothing about.............LOSER....
You don;t know me bro so don;t talk shit unless you can back your mouth up...... I'v seen your scrawney pic son you don;t know me so don't piss in the wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don;t give a fuck who you think you are you think your bad bring your little scrawney ass over to NYC and you won;t be going back...
6315, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by klipzracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
actually he's right. there is a "silencer" in the intake.it's put right behiund the MAF and it's a circlular peice of metal with a star shap inside. it's used to quiet the turbo when spooling. ;) but no it won't make the bov venting louder.
6316, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
he was talking about a slincer in the 1gen BOV..... which there is not.
6317, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
you guys are funnee.
Take out the silencer and put on a high flow air filter. Your BOV will be LOUDER!!!

-Tony '98-GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

turboclipz on AIM
6318, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My BOV is vented to the atmosphere, and I'm running a 2G MAS. I thought it wasnt doable either, till Chris at turbochargers.com dyno tuned my car without one. When I asked him how to get around running rich between shifts, he said he could tune that out, and he did. Runs great. :D

Oh, and about this dispute. Nackers was simply asking a question, and he got verbally attacked. He might not know anything about what he is asking, but thats no reason to jump his ass like that. Uncalled for in my opinion.
6319, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
godDAMN I love that car ^^^ :thumbsup

-Tony '98-GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

turboclipz on AIM
6320, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks Tony :thumbsup
6321, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>he was talking about a slincer in the 1gen BOV..... which
>there is not.

Dude, like I said before, if you would just open your eyes and read. I explained what I was talking about and you missed it. I even sent a link to what I was talking about... and you still missed it. The fuckin thing was underlined and yet... you still missed it. I think you should pull your head out of your ass. Everyone else seems to understand what I am talking about.

If your "level" is being a stupid fuck that starts shit with people for not knowing something and *actually* posting to ask, I would rather be exactly where I am.

You started all this shit in the first place. I asked a question, you said I did't know what I was talking about (which I did know what I was talking about, but didn't know if it was possible) and told me that I should think before I post. Why don't you take your own advice? BTW, I got some advice of my own. Go to DSMtuners and post there. I left that place because of dick's like you.

You may be right about me being small. You may be right saying I wouldn't come back. But what the fuck does that have to do with anything. OOO your gonna beat my ass! Oh no! I'm so scared. And for 1 second did you think I would drive all the way to NYC so you could do that? Yeah I'm cool. I post on the internet that I'm gonna kick some dudes ass and shit. Yeah I'm soo cool. Why say that shit? I don't understand. Maybe it has to do with your "level" or something. Get a life.

Thanks once again for the people who helped and could SEE that I was just asking a question and openly admitted that I know nothing except what I saw on VFAQ. I really appreciate it.
6322, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i couldn't hear my BOV when i got my GST..but once i put an intake and k&N FIPK air filter i could def hear it..then i bought a turboxs type-h rfl and that vents to atmosphere..that's really fucking loud (hence the name RFL) but venting to atmosphere is gay and isn't good for your MAS.. i now have a greddy type-s and it holds boost quite well and sounds pretty nice. 1G if you crush it and get an air filter/intake it'll be much louder than it is..but 1G is stock and it holds boost pretty good and all but if you want noise you're gonna have to upgrade to a diff one..
6323, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
icedout honestly dont talk shit just cause you can. just anwsrer the damn question and chuckle cause you know more about the bov than he does
6324, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>icedout honestly dont talk shit just cause you can. just
>anwsrer the damn question and chuckle cause you know more
>about the bov than he does

Chrysler Kid.... you need to stfu you don't know me and your butting into someone else's argument. this is between me and nackers so stfu and mind your business.

And nackers who said anything about beating anyone down..... you are assuming that..... But is does seem to me that all you are is a little teenage wiseass. When you grow up come talk to me. All I said is that you didn;t know shit and you were talking out your ass, but you decided to go telling people to fuck themselves and everything else. I would honestly like to hear that from you in person to see if you are that brave. You think just cause you are behind a screen you can talk to people that way....... GrowUP Kid....
You are a nobody in my book. :rolleyes
6325, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by klipzracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for the love of god, jeffro, lock the damn thread already.
6326, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hes at the shootout...gunna have to wait. :P
6327, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
>And nackers who said anything about beating anyone down.....
>you are assuming that.....

This is what you said...
"bring your little scrawney ass over to NYC and you won;t be going back..."
Now you tell me what the fuck your talking about if your not saying you gonna beat my ass. What, when I get to NYC I'm gonna like it so much that I'm going to stay? Or when I get there I will get into a car accident and won't have a car to get back? I doubt thats what you meant.

Seriously, how do you think I am a wise ass kid? You started all this shit and now your on your last stand because you got shut down on your other posts.

You don't think I would say this to you face to face? Your right. I would have to say listen to the words comming out of my mouth. I don't think we would be writing love letters to eachother for me to say open your eyes. Just because I am behind a computer screen does not mean that I wouldn't be just as hostile as I would be to your face.

Just leave this shit alone. You kinda helped me when you said I could crush the BOV to hold more boost, but I already knew that. Thanks anyway. I did appreciate that, but you had to say some fucked up shit and make this post longer than it had to be. Just drop it already. Would it make you feel better if I said you are the greatest 2gnt'r that ever lived? Would that maybe make you a bit easier to deal with? Oh and if someone is asking a question about something, why don't you just give a flat answer like you did in your very first post. That is so much more helpful:thumbsup.
6328, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it is my buisness since this shit was poted on a public website. Honestly man you have been a real ass to alot of people lately. you just need to cool down
6329, RE: 1g BOV... Louder?
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow. I leave for a few days and the whole 1g section starts a flame war. Just for the record, Tony was right. If all you want to do is make it louder without buying a new one, get a K&N filter and metal IC pipes. I really don't encourage modding a car just for the sounds, but a Greddy Type-S would be your best bet. It recirculates the air and still makes a nice whistle noise.

There is a silencer between the air can and the intake hose on the 1g. It doesn't do much, but does hide the whistle noise a little when boosting.

This thread is silly, and is the first one I've ever had to lock in the 1g section. Let's not do this anymore.
I generated this page in 0.014441967010498 seconds, executing 7 queries.