Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectsynchro is bad and i need help deciding what to do with transmission!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=6143
6143, synchro is bad and i need help deciding what to do with transmission!
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i'm pretty sure my 4th gear synchro is bad and i'm gonna need it replaced soo. my question is should i just have that done or would it be better to have the whole thing rebuilt all together? i know it would be better to have it rebuilt but what kind of money would it be to have it rebuilt? i know on shepracing.com offers a rebuild and list the parts for like 800 something and buschurr offers one for 600 but if i get the whole thing rebuilt how much different will it make compared to just having the transmission to stock levels? i'd like to have the whole thing rebuilt but money wise it seems like i can only get it done to stock but i was just seeing if i could get a whole rebuild for mabey a little more?
6144, RE: synchro is bad and i need help deciding what to do with transmission!
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well to somewhat answer the questions, having it rebuilt to stock means you'll probably end up having the same problems that plague the paper mache DSM trannies usually have, in that you'll burn up synchros really fast. I mean spending the money once to have it built up would mean more peace of mind in the long run but a lighter wallet in the meantime. If the price difference bettwen stock and built is feasible then get it built. Hearing that 2nd and third gear grind is a horrible sound for your sanity and your wallet too, but making the tranny last longer will prove to be a great purchase.
I generated this page in 0.0074789524078369 seconds, executing 7 queries.