Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectThis section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5783
5783, This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I received my ACT 2600 street disc clutch in the mail last week, my TRE base performance tranny showed up on Monday and my dad installed it all for me. He is doing it by himself because I am running out of time to move and he had some spare time at work.

He says the clutch grips immediately when you let the clutch off the floor and the tranny feels more tight than the last one. When he drained the tranny fluid from the old one, he said it was silver. Torn up synchros and bearings going out.

Now the car runs like shit he says, sputters, backfires, and misfires above 3500 rpms, but that is because of DSMlink, I need to put the values back into the ECU since the computer was unplugged.

Looks like the car is ready for a road trip! Can't wait to get home to drive the beast.
5784, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice dude! :thumbsup
Good luck with the trip!
5785, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hopefully you used BG SynchroShift II or similar in the tranny.

Glad you got it back together.
5786, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
We used the Penzoil Synchrol Mesh. BG Syncroshift, Penzoil, or GM Synchrol Mesh, GL4 rated oil are the only 3 kinds TRE recommended. I have to change it again when I get down to Phoenix and I'm going to throw the BG in.
5787, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Congrats. Launch over it.

Take it to the track in AZ. Get good number and give the board a timeslips to ogle over.
5788, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good shit.....now you can finally tune it at sea level and post up some good numbers.
5789, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
::waits for the pics::

:thumbsup

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
5790, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Originally posted by Remy
::waits for the pics:: :thumbsup WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

of what?
5791, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When you do work to your car, don't we usually get to see a host of pics? "Hey guys, I installed a new ashtray...here are 35 pics of the the outside of the car. Check 'em out."

Kidding. Your car is gorgeous.
5792, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
awesome man.

im taking my trans to TRE this spring. its not far from where im from, and i used to go to the gym with one of jons friends. maybe i can get a good deal *crosses fingers* lol.

let us know how it works out.
5793, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by Ark, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AZ is going to treat your car like a champ, Dan. Tracks here are at about 1000 ft and it cools off FAST at night.
5794, RE: This section has been dead all week . . . so, my tranny and new clutch is installed
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HybriDSM
When you do work to your car, don't we usually get to see a host of pics? "Hey guys, I installed a new ashtray...here are 35 pics of the the outside of the car.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
I generated this page in 0.0082328319549561 seconds, executing 7 queries.