Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1G Auto Tranny Question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5668
5668, 1G Auto Tranny Question
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, the tranny on my GF's 93 NT is starting to slip.
I have access to a 91 FWD Turbo Auto trans for cheap.
Will it work? Anyone have any idea?? Will I need a 91 TCU?

According to this site:
http://www.automdm.ru/akpp/ECLIPSE.html

Her NT tranny number is F4A222

While the 91 Turbo tranny is F4A33K1 UP6. I got it off the tranny im looking at. I havent got a chanve to actually check the NT for the number

Basically will a 91 Turbo Auto Trans work in a 93 NT car??
5669, RE: 1G Auto Tranny Question
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think you can use a N/t on a Turbo, and a Turbo on a N/t, as long as you use the flywheel and clutch that goes with that transmission. So you would need to use a turbo clutch and flywheel. But like I said, I'm not 100% sure.
5670, RE: 1G Auto Tranny Question
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 97eclipse97
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think you can use a N/t on a Turbo, and a Turbo on a N/t, as long as you use the flywheel and clutch that goes with that transmission. So you would need to use a turbo clutch and flywheel. But like I said, I'm not 100% sure.

her car is A/T. ;)
5671, RE: 1G Auto Tranny Question
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 97eclipse97 I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think you can use a N/t on a Turbo, and a Turbo on a N/t, as long as you use the flywheel and clutch that goes with that transmission. So you would need to use a turbo clutch and flywheel. But like I said, I'm not 100% sure.
her car is A/T. ;)

Lol Yup, I know you can interchange the 5-speeds but im not sure about the A/T's
5672, RE: 1G Auto Tranny Question
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Hult250R
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 97eclipse97 I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think you can use a N/t on a Turbo, and a Turbo on a N/t, as long as you use the flywheel and clutch that goes with that transmission. So you would need to use a turbo clutch and flywheel. But like I said, I'm not 100% sure.
her car is A/T. ;)
Lol Yup, I know you can interchange the 5-speeds but im not sure about the A/T's

Lol, whoops. Well in that case...
5673, RE: 1G Auto Tranny Question
Posted by OldGuy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ironic! I was just going through the Service Man. for My 93 and spent some time looking through the different A/T's for that year. The gear ratios for 1st and 2nd are different between the n/t and Turbo. I would have to assume that there is some difference in the programming in the ECU for just that.Both the trannys are for 2.0L engines and you aren't talking about a AWD. I would say it would work. MAY need to get the corresponding ECU on standby though... Hope that helps. If I can answer anything else with help of the man. let me know!
I generated this page in 0.013098955154419 seconds, executing 7 queries.