Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectAutomatic raising redline ?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5606
5606, Automatic raising redline ?
Posted by RST95eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
95 GSX automatic. I know I can raise my redline using DSMLink, which I'm waiting to see when/if they come out with a new release. In the mean time, my question is: If I raise my redline via Link, would my shift points be raised as well or would they remain unchanged?
5607, RE: Automatic raising redline ?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RST95eclipse
95 GSX automatic. I know I can raise my redline using DSMLink, which I'm waiting to see when/if they come out with a new release. In the mean time, my question is: If I raise my redline via Link, would my shift points be raised as well or would they remain unchanged?

i believe they would remain the same. the limit of your rev does not control when you shift, your TCU does. since the ecu lets you rev higher, doesnt mean the TCU is gonna change its values. also, i hope your valvetrain will support what you are trying to do. it can be very dangerous reving higher than stock without the appropriate supporting mods. are you even making power up there? (big turbos, more displacement, etc?)
5608, RE: Automatic raising redline ?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you have a shift kit yet?
You really don't have to change your shift points. If you just leave it in "drive", It will shift automatically at 6500 rpms. However, if you start off in low, you can shift it "manually" whenever you like. There is still an 8500 rpm redline for the engine.
Be careful without a shiftkit. Stock, they shift kind of sluggish and it's hard to judge. I try to shift at 7K but usually, it's like 8 before the thing changes gears.
5609, RE: Automatic raising redline ?
I'm going to be running either an SC61 or 63. Custom camshafts. Crower valvetrain.

I have a 6 bolt in my possession. My next question was going to be if anyone has heard of this stroker kit for a 4g63 from Car Shop. Never heard of them. Here's the link:

http://carshop.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/59245/CS23KIT

Has anyone or any friends of anyone had their TCU chipped so that they could play with those values? Also, has anyone found any aftermarket locks to use for a 4g's valvetrain?
5610, RE: Automatic raising redline ?
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RST95eclipse
I'm going to be running either an SC61 or 63. Custom camshafts. Crower valvetrain. I have a 6 bolt in my possession. My next question was going to be if anyone has heard of this stroker kit for a 4g63 from Car Shop. Never heard of them. Here's the link: http://carshop.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/59245/CS23KIT Has anyone or any friends of anyone had their TCU chipped so that they could play with those values? Also, has anyone found any aftermarket locks to use for a 4g's valvetrain?

That shop is actually about 10 miles from my house, they do Very good work.
Theres a few people around here running them. They know their stuff.
5611, RE: Automatic raising redline ?
First off, this was one helleva deal. I feel like I robbed them. Second, is it just me or is this 4g64 crank heavier than H-E-double hockey sticks. Seriously, it must be 40-50lbs.
I generated this page in 0.014739036560059 seconds, executing 7 queries.