Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectOK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5592
5592, OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
alright, i'm on my way out of work a few min ago to FINALLY get my couches delivered and my car shifts into 2nd, then gets stuck and won't get out. I turn the motor off, it shifts out---I dotn' think the clutch is dis-engaging. The hydraulics all look like they're working fine, i'm absolutely stumped--AND PISSED. Now I get to deal with no car AND no clutch...

any ideas before I take it into the shop?
5593, RE: OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Posted by Eric, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you checked the clutch fluid reservoir?
Try pumping the clutch and then try shifting. If that works then you have a leak or low fluid.

5594, RE: OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Posted by DSMxTSi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does the pedal stick to the floor? If so, it needs to be bled more.
It may just need to be readjusted more under the dash. But don't rule out a new clutch.
5595, RE: OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you are unlucky like me, you may have broken your throw out bearing and your clutch is fucking toast!
5596, RE: OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by FlyinEsi
If you are unlucky like me, you may have broken your throw out bearing and your clutch is fucking toast!

I don't like hearing stuff like this. I sometimes have trouble getting in and out of reverse. For instance, when I go to back out of my driveway I'll go to throw it in reverse and it feels like I hit a wall. Sometimes when I'm leaving reverse to go into first, I have trouble getting the shifter out of the reverse slot. Any thoughts besides checking fluids...I'm checking that tomorrow morning.

Sorry for sorta jacking the thread...it does have relevance though :thumbsup
5597, RE: OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
fluids are fine, doesn't stick. Brought it to a shop, its either the throw out bearing or the clutch fork. If its the clutch fork, is the clutch toast? it seemed to hold pretty well at low speed (2nd gear, as I drove w/o stopping back to the parking lot b/c i couldn't get it out)
5598, RE: OK THIS IS FRIGGIN IT....
Posted by DSMxTSi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Vandy420a
fluids are fine, doesn't stick. Brought it to a shop, its either the throw out bearing or the clutch fork. If its the clutch fork, is the clutch toast? it seemed to hold pretty well at low speed (2nd gear, as I drove w/o stopping back to the parking lot b/c i couldn't get it out)

If it's either the t/o bearing or fork then you may as well get a new clutch while that's fixed.
5599, final results are in!!
Ok, so the throw out bearing literally EXPLODED. I didn't end up changing out the clutch, it seems to hold just fine. They also examined it at the shop and said it was fine.

$630 later i go to pick up the car and there's a massive crack in the windshield!! I ask them about it, and they gave me the good ole "what crack?" :rolleyes

They're gonna fix it, but not for a while it looks like. I'll have to keep hounding them on it I guess. This shit just keeps getting better and better! Oh, and i'm still having issues with random clutch engagement (sometimes off the floor, sometimes its right at the end of travel) after adjusting the master cylinder on the cabin side. x(
5600, RE: final results are in!!
Posted by Kaoz78, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did they give you a kiss?
5601, RE: final results are in!!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so you paid $630 for what exactly? a TO bearing replacement and a crack in your windshield?
5602, RE: final results are in!!
Originally posted by Diceman19
so you paid $630 for what exactly?

throw out bearing replacement and a new clutch fork

5603, RE: final results are in!!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19 so you paid $630 for what exactly?

that seems a little high to me. maybe im just not "with it" though.
5604, RE: final results are in!!
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
Originally posted by Diceman19 so you paid $630 for what exactly?
that seems a little high to me. maybe im just not "with it" though.

Labor charges suck :shrug
5605, RE: final results are in!!
no it was high, but I was between a rock and a hard place. The car was 25 miles away from my apartment and about 75 away from my parents house, where I can work on it. Also, I had to go TDY (like a buisness trip) the next day.
I generated this page in 0.011442899703979 seconds, executing 7 queries.