Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectbroken reed switch/speed sensor
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5588
5588, broken reed switch/speed sensor
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So my car likes to die when I idle it during "hard" stopping (anything other than light stopping). I have read up that it ussually has to do with a broken reed switch or speed sensor. How do I replace these? I havent seen any guides.
5589, RE: broken reed switch/speed sensor
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont know why you think its your speed sensor, thats just for your mph, mine doesnt work and if it doesnt work your speedo wont work either... it sounds like your running to rich, do you have cams?
5590, RE: broken reed switch/speed sensor
Originally posted by PowerEclipses
i dont know why you think its your speed sensor, thats just for your mph, mine doesnt work and if it doesnt work your speedo wont work either... it sounds like your running to rich, do you have cams?

It idles at 750 normally, but if I try to put the clutch in after a hard turn or hard brake it will de-rev all the way to 400rpms or so for a second. I dont have cams, or fuel upgrades of any sort. Vfaq said that if it happens after turns like it is to me, then the speed sensor is not sending the information to the ECU that the car is still moving and doesnt provide enough idle vacuum for power brakes and power steering.
5591, RE: broken reed switch/speed sensor
Turned out that it was my ECU. It was missing the Drive R for the TPS Circuit. Random Shit. I bought a used ECU with new caps for $80. :shrug
I generated this page in 0.008059024810791 seconds, executing 7 queries.