Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1g turbo starting troubles
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5349&mesg_id=5349
5349, 1g turbo starting troubles
Posted by justins71, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I'm helpin a friend get his car running, which hasn't happened apperently in the last 4 months. I'm a 2gnt w/turbo guy, so the 4g's are a little new to me, wiring and everything. Issue was it'd crank, but no start. I've got no spark, no fuel. Okay, did some searching, came up with the MFI relay. Hunted the bastard down behind the radio and did some probing, found out there's no ground signal comming from the ECM to switch the relay for all the power to the sensors (Crank/cam, MAF, etc). The fuel pump half seemed okay. I tried jumping the relay, and now I have spark, but no start still. I can't seem to find a pressure port to check fuel pressure, as I can't tell if the fuel pump is engaging or not. Possible the fuel pump AND the ECM is bad? Are there any other parameters that tells the ECM to ground out that relay other that just turning the key on? Any help would be appreciated, I'd just Megasquirt the damn thing if it was mine!
I generated this page in 0.0075628757476807 seconds, executing 6 queries.