Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRound 2, Putnam Park Indiana
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5159&mesg_id=5192
5192, Round 2, Putnam Park Indiana
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, reality has set in. The Corvettes guys are total cheaters, and I don’t have enough tire under my car.

I felt really out of sync with the car on Saturday, managing a best of 1:20.4 for the day. That was only good enough for 5th out of 6 cars. A very well prepped and driven STI was ahead of me by a second, and the 3 Corvettes were in a league of their own, running 1:17’s and 1:18’s. The STI was on 285 NT-01’s and the Corvettes were running 295 Hoosiers. I didn’t stand a chance with my 245 slicks.

Sunday was more of the same really. Although I felt much better in the car, a 1:20.2 was all I could muster. In fact my last session of the day had 7 laps at 1:20.x. I really think that a 1:19 is possible, but I’m not leaving that much on the table now so catching the vettes will likely be impossible. I went with a smaller, stickier tire so didn’t have to buy new wheels hoping they would be as fast as a wider, less sticky r-comp. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna work out that way.

The weather was perfect all weekend, as was the car. The addition of a brake duct kit finally resolved all of my brake overheating issues. Round 3 at Grattan in Michigan is up next in 3 weeks. Hopefully I can find a way to catch those cheater corvettes. ;)

BTW, I am in sole possession of first place in the Region, despite being slow as crap this past weekend.

I generated this page in 0.0076680183410645 seconds, executing 6 queries.