Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectProblem with 1g Nonturbo 1.8 smoking when going around strong right turns!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5051&mesg_id=5051
5051, Problem with 1g Nonturbo 1.8 smoking when going around strong right turns!!
Posted by stangmurdera, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My 1g daily driver 1.8 Eclipse has a very strange problem. Whenever I take a right hand exit ramp or strong curve, a huge cloud of white smoke comes out of the tailpipe. It is a very large amount and will often make the car behind me pull to the side of the road! If I unhook the PCV valve, it does not do it. Can I just put a breather on the PCV valve and plug the vacuum line to it? What does the PCV valve do? I know it is nothing internal to the engine as the compression is 190 across the board. Also, this is the only time the engine smokes. I have posted ads on DSM tuners but have received no help. All the mechanics seem to be on 2gnt anyways. Please help as this is extremely annoying. I take a different way to work so I don't have to go through it everyday.
I generated this page in 0.0092251300811768 seconds, executing 6 queries.