Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectFound my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=4621
4621, Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Posted by destruckeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, turbo kicked the bucket recently. I thought the seals were just shot. Boy was I WRONG.

Well, not that I got the new big16g on, no porting or clipped like my previous, it runs twice as good STILL! Now, I have no mbc, and it spikes to 25+ psi, little scary. Next thing on my list: MBC.
4622, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh boy, let's see; two turbo bolts broken off, 1 actuator nipple ripped off, a bunch of turbo fins scored from ? in the turbines, 1 big ole cracked housing AND.......finding that problem you have been searching for......priceless :+ !

MB

4623, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Talk about a pain. With my limited tools, I had to bust out the jack's handle for a breaker bar xP
4625, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Oh boy, let's see; two turbo bolts broken off, 1 actuator nipple ripped off, a bunch of turbo fins scored from ? in the turbines, 1 big ole cracked housing AND.......finding that problem you have been searching for......priceless :+ ! MB

lol, I noticed everything except the broken nipple. Only because I was focusing more on the fins. :P
When you slap a new turbo in, just remove the stud and use a bolt. edit:Remember to use a little antisieze on the turbo bolts and re-tighten them again after a few cycles. That will make it alot easier the next time you have to pull it off. You also won't have to worry about them breaking off again... ;)
4693, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd say it looks like you have an opportunity to upgrade. :) How many miles did you get out of that turbo before all that happened?
4737, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Haha yep, I had that problem once :)

Note the long crack above the flapper too. :D
4740, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Yeap, frickin pain. The car came with the turbo, can more the laikely was already like that when I got it. I have put around 6k miles on it, and with the new turbo on I can tell for sure it has been messed up for a while. No porting, and the thing feels 10x faster already.
4742, RE: Found my problems (Pics - 56k, better find something to do)
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by destruckeclipse
the thing feels 10x faster already.

Thats the way I like to see "problem" threads end! Beautiful! :thumbsup :cheers
I generated this page in 0.014124155044556 seconds, executing 7 queries.