Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectneed help and finiding out what's up with my GSX
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=4271
4271, need help and finiding out what's up with my GSX
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i just got the ACT 2600 Xact flywheel and rebuilt trans with GVR4 1st gear and it's been in about 400 500 miles. anyway it doesn't do this all the time but it's usually when i'm going up hills, the cars sort of "skips". like the clutch is slipping but the revs don't shoot up or anything like that. sort of fills like the wheels are slipping. i had BG syncroshift in the trans and redline in the T case. also i've launced it a couple time at aroudn 4500 5000 RPM by dropping the clutch and i can chirp the tires. and being all wheel drive i didn't think that was easy to do. any ideas? TIA
4272, RE: need help and finiding out what's up with my GSX
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anybody got an idea on what it might be??
4273, RE: need help and finiding out what's up with my GSX
Posted by Jarrad_GST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think that it is normal for your clutch to not give a little, you call it slipping going up hill but actually its your clutch not letting you slip. Performance clutches grab real tight and when you try to balance between the gas and clutch pedal your slipping the clutch in, performance clutches grab so much tighter that its harder to let it slip. So your car is just being normal with the new clutch you have in. Get used to it being rough trying to balance the clutch and gas pedal.

As for chirping the tires also seems normal, the clutch is a performance racing clutch, allowing you to put more power down on the road. Wait till you race someone w/o a clutch against you, everytime you shift you will grab with the wheels and gain tenth of sec. each shift.
I generated this page in 0.0093069076538086 seconds, executing 7 queries.