Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectAir/Fuel Guage installation
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=4174
4174, Air/Fuel Guage installation
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Any one have a pic of which wire on the 02 senor the gauge hooks up to? Or, if any just knows which wire, please let me know.

Thanks
4175, RE: Air/Fuel Guage installation
Posted by slodsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pin 4 on the big connector on the ECU, its easier to just check the vfaq for these kinds of questions man, its the easiest fastest way too all your basic questions.
4176, RE: Air/Fuel Guage installation
I was told to hook it to the o2 sensor which is why i asked the question. IT don't really want to tap the ECU unless i really had to. But i know that some people hook it up at that point and was hoping to find someone on the board that did.

Jerrome.
4177, RE: Air/Fuel Guage installation
Well, I have no idea how or why to put it under the hood. AFC's and every other thing you hook into your car goes into the ECU harness. All you have to do is remove the slightest bit of rubber insulation from the wire and either solder or use a 3way butt splice to hook it up, no need to cut it if that is what you are worried about.
4178, RE: Air/Fuel Guage installation
where on the vfaq page is this install? I don't see one for a gauge, but i do see one for making your own.

Jerrome.
4179, RE: Air/Fuel Guage installation
There is no install for the gauge, it has a page with all the pinouts for the ECU which tells you which wire is the O2 sensor signal. Its a 3 wire install man, comon dude, you don't need pics of it, you know how to do it lol.
4180, RE: Air/Fuel Guage installation
Originally posted by slodsm
There is no install for the gauge, it has a page with all the pinouts for the ECU which tells you which wire is the O2 sensor signal. Its a 3 wire install man, comon dude, you don't need pics of it, you know how to do it lol.

Well i didn't find the ECU diagram, but i did find some info on dsmtalk and dsmtuners so i am ok now. :thumbsup :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.010209083557129 seconds, executing 7 queries.