Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectJust bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=4017
4017, Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup guys, I just bought a 91' Plymouth Laser RS w/72k miles on it from a local auction for $430. When I bid on it, nothing seemed wrong except it needing a new paint job.

On the way home, the clutch shitted out on me.

Now I need a new clutch, maybe an OEM someone can spare me :P because I wanna spend the least amount of money on it until I can get it up and running. Also, I can't afford a act 2100 or 2600 as of now because of the holiday season and all.

Anybody know what all I need? And can someone in the ChicagoLand Area(NorthSubs) help me out on the install? I'm relatively new to this turbo stuff and I need my bros from 2gnt to help me out!:)
4018, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the clutch install should roughly be the same as any other car, to an extent. i would get brian and chris to help you. (silvernt and babybeclipse) they are both in chicago. good luck.
4019, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get your parts from www.partznet.com. Go to the bottom where it says "Parts Catalog". I got an OEM clutch disc for $60 from there.
4020, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
auction eh? Which one did you go to? I can't find an AWD for shit!

I want my GSX (or neon);(

After this weekends snow I know just how badly I need a beater.

I'm up for an install and I'm sure Chris would too. Were exactly do you live? You can probably catch me most of the time on AIM: babybeclipse1
4021, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Originally posted by babybeclipse
auction eh? Which one did you go to? I can't find an AWD for shit! I want my GSX (or neon);( After this weekends snow I know just how badly I need a beater. I'm up for an install and I'm sure Chris would too. Were exactly do you live? You can probably catch me most of the time on AIM: babybeclipse1

It's a donation auction in Waukegan,IL 10 minutes away from me. They have auctions every saturday and wednesday. I see the occasional 1g eclipse and talons there as well as a bunch of neons.

I live in Zion, IL 60099 probably 1 1/2hrs from you guys I think, I tried to go to the meet but couldn't.

I'm in the process of buying either an OEM or a ACT2100 clutch. I would drive the car to you guys but for obvious reasons I can't.

Maybe you guys can come over on a wed or sun and maybe check out the auction too as well as the clutch install:) :) Of course I'll make you guys feel at home and feed you:) as well as pay you guys for your trouble.

Well I guess talk to Chris and see if you guys could help me out. I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!:D
4022, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i guess lets set a date, brian, how bout the sat after the concert, ill stay at ur place, and well go over the next day, i know my way around waukegan
4023, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sounds good to me. Time to study that Chilton to find out how to seperate this "transfer case" thingy:P
4024, RE: Just bought a Laser turbo RS for $430!! Now I need your help...
I'll talk to you guys on AIM:thumbsup

My AIM-pfmicks

Maybe we can do this after the holiday/christmas/new years holidays, since it'll be busy and all:shrug
I generated this page in 0.013693809509277 seconds, executing 7 queries.