Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectelectrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3830
3830, electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i need to know where an easy to access constant power wire is that is powered while the engine is cranking. reason being, just in case you dont know, the gauge has an auto calibration, once it gets power, it zeros out. if the power is cut during cranking, it will zero on whatever the vaccum(sp) is when the power is returned. i have been searchig tuners for about 30 minutes. cant find crap except arguments about which gauge type is better, mech or elec......:rolleyes
3831, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How bout the 12V constant for the radio or cigarette lighter?
3832, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
do those have power when the running lights are off and when the car is cranking. i figured since i dont have a multimeter or a test light, someone from here or tuners might know.
3833, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
Originally posted by Diceman19
do those have power when the running lights are off and when the car is cranking. i figured since i dont have a multimeter or a test light, someone from here or tuners might know.

do you need your headlights on to listen to the radio?
3834, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no but neither one of those is constant when the engine cranks, I dont' think... my detector and my radio both are off when its cranking (if I remember correctly)

3835, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
The cigarette lighter works only when car is on or aux positions but the radio does have a 12V constant wire that holds presets and stuff even when the car is off. Not sure if you want power to these when the car is off though... :shrug
3836, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
yea, i dont want the gauge to be on all the time. that would drain the battery. still looking for a wire. i may try the ignition wire in the TT harness that i have hooked in. i may also rip off underneath the steering wheel and look for the ignition wire. last ditch effort, i may run a power wire from the battery with a switch inline. just flip the switch when i want the gauge on, off when i dont. that may turn into more of a hastle than i want.
3837, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
doesn't the guage require 2 sources of power, one all the time and one w/only ignition?
3838, RE: electrical boost gauge power question.....not lighting
i have two sets of wires besides the harness that comes from the box that goes to the vaccum source. one set is for lighting. that goes to the cig lighter. the other set has to be for the +12 during cranking. just dont know where one is.
I generated this page in 0.012749910354614 seconds, executing 7 queries.