Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectYAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3818
3818, YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
gauges are finally done. everything looks great and works good. i need to trim a little off the pillar cuz it catches on the seatbelt. :thumbsdown other than that, i did notice the egt gauge was bouncin a little squirly when i moved it out of the garage. i may have a loose connection, i will have to check it when i am driving it. pics to come.
3819, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cool man, where did you end up mounting the EGT probe? (not to open another can of worms lol)
I had to trim some off my pod because of the seatbelt too.

3820, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Hult250R
Cool man, where did you end up mounting the EGT probe? (not to open another can of worms lol) I had to trim some off my pod because of the seatbelt too.

he listened to us. HAHA sucker! You're REALLY supposed to mount it in the DP. We were all just kidding you. :+

3821, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
rrrriiiiiggggghhhhhttttttt. i just sat down and weighed it out in my head. i just decided to put it there. it actually had nothing to do with you guys telling me to do it. believe me or not. and yes, doesnt the quality of that picture just bring a tear to your eye? i love my camera. :thumbsup
3822, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
now you gotta clean it up so the valve, spark plug and timing belt covers sparkle. :)
edit: what kind of camera do you have. I got this piece of shit dig camera I bought like 3 yrs ago that needs to be thrown out the window. I'm probably going to get this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=30-122-016&catalog=12&depa=0
My uncle has a fuji but I'm not sure which model and it takes KICK ASS pics. This one does movies with sound also. W/ a 512mb card, it will do 16.5 min movies in AVI format. :thumbsup
3823, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Is that a hose clamp around the manifold where thr probe is??

3824, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
yea, for now, the probe is clamped in. i will be tapping the hole when i install the turbo back i am getting in the spring. the clamp method is recommended for customers that will be removing the probe often, or for ease/speed of installation. i have no leaks for now. works great to.

my camera is a sony dsc-s85

cost me like 650 when i bought it. probly can be had for about 400 or so now.
3825, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
I didnt know you Could clamp it on. I thought you had to drill and tap. Im gonna order my EGT gauge in the next couple weeks or so.
What temps are you running so far?

3826, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
you sure can clamp it in. it is so easy to install. :thumbsup i wouldnt recommend it for a permanent install though. mine is temp.
cruisin at 45 i am around 1200 i think. cant remember. about 900 or so at full warmth idle. lower than most i believe. i have a strange wiring issue though, when i turn the running lights, the egt gauge resets itself. dont know why. they are all plugged in the same way but that is the only gauge that does it. oh well. i will be looking at re running the wires shortly, i believe it is having an effect on the performance. other than that, i am running a solid 11psi. spiked it to 11.5 for split second once. oil pressure gauge works awesome no probs at all.
3827, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Is your Boost gauge digital or analog?

Did you have to cut and splice your EGT probe wires? I read somewhere if you dont use actual egt wires that itll mess with your readings.

3828, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. :-)
Originally posted by Hult250R
Is your Boost gauge digital or analog? Did you have to cut and splice your EGT probe wires? I read somewhere if you dont use actual egt wires that itll mess with your readings.

i have an analog boost gauge that is electrical. i didnt cut or splice the egt wires, just plugged them in and ran em, then screwed them onto the back of the gauge. you cant cut the supplied line or modify its length or you will get bad readings. i am going to go take some pics right now. be back in a few minutes.
3829, RE: YAY! gauges done. i lagged a little. ACKKKK! HELP!
i have run into a problem. while driving on the interstate, all my gauges cut out. i have to look at the wiring later today. i am so pissed off. it seems like it cut out when i messed with the rheostat to see if it was hooked up to dim with that. they never came back on. i turned off the car for a couple secs at a stoplight. they still didnt come on. oh well. hope i fried them. these stupid things are becoming more of a pain than they are worth. i have the +12 constant running through the turbo timer harness. i have the lighting +12 running through the plug on the driver side under the center console side panel. i have both grounds to the plug on the center console. sharing a ground wouldnt have anything to do with it eh? i also noticed that when i turn the lights on in the car, the egt gauge kicks off and resets then comes back on. it does the same when i turn the lights off only it takes longer to come back on. i think the egt gauge is messed up cuz the needle was shakin all funny today. oh well. any suggestions on how i can fix this wiring fiasco. if they come back on when i go back out to my car, can i attribute this to heat. they were pretty hot from running. thanks!
I generated this page in 0.008213996887207 seconds, executing 7 queries.