Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectWhat Happened to my car?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3710
3710, What Happened to my car?
Posted by 98Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I was going down the road and the car just died, I thought that I heard a click, but maybe not. After that it wouldn't start. Everything electrical still works, and it will turn over, just not crank. When I turn it over the timing belt is moving so it's not the flywheel or anything. I put another computer in it and it still won't crank. The car was showing a CEL when it died, but now whenever I turn the key on it won't show one. I tried doing the little "hook a buzzer up to the diagnostics port" thing but I didn't get any buzzing... ideas? I'm in a HURRY!
3711, RE: What Happened to my car?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well, you need fuel and spark for the car to run. Finding out which you're lacking would be a good place to start...
You didn't run out of gas did you? :shrug
edit: judging by your sig, your NT. What car are we talking about?
3712, RE: What Happened to my car?
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, is this a 4g63 or a 420a? And is it a 1st gen or a second gen if it is a 4g63?
3713, RE: What Happened to my car?
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey bought a GS-T a while ago from what I remember. Looks like its time to change the sig
3714, RE: What Happened to my car?
Posted by 98Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've changed and saved the sig like 6 times, and it never works, so I said fuck it. It's on a '90 GS-T. I think it's one of the fuseable links on the battery that blew, I'm going to check it tonight. I can't believe I replaced the ECU with a (thankfully) borrowed one before checking those that are on the battery, I"m stupid like woah sometimes.
3715, RE: What Happened to my car?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just remember that if you change that fuse and the car runs, there is still the issue of why it blew in the first place.
3716, RE: What Happened to my car?
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been playing the engine electrical game for about 2 months now, and i'm almost at the point of going completely back to stock in a controlled manner to figure out what the heck is doing it...I wish you luck.....

vandy
I generated this page in 0.0095570087432861 seconds, executing 7 queries.