Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectWhat would you pay?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3059
3059, What would you pay?
Posted by Narco, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
97 GSX
77k miles
Needs: New dash, center console top, hood, windshield, door spring/stop.

It has a nasty looking carbon fiber hood that is cracked up in the center because the heatshield was removed from the turbo manifold.

The dash is cracked in one spot and drilled for a tach that was removed. The vents and trim pieces in the dash have been painted so many times that there's build-up. Cig lighter hole cut up for a gauge.

The stock BOV was removed and a pipe put in(crappy weld job) to mount a TurboXS BOV. The BOV vents to the atmosphere, causing the car to die at every stop, unless you engine brake it down. Has a crappy red-neck rigged style "custom" intake tube on it w/crappy no name filter. Has a bad O2 sensor code. TurboXS MBC.

The body is in fairly good shape, except where front bumper scraped at probably every entryway since it's been lowered.

I want to save this car. The guy wants $7700. KBB Fair condition in my area is $6900. What should I give him.

TIA for any advice.

PS this would possibly require the selling of my (nice) 98 GS
3060, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by loudgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
5k imo, sounds like alot of potential damage to motor since it was modded dumbass style (probably driven like no tomorrow too) and from what it sounds like, body's jacked up, I would give 5k for it tho.
3061, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Look at around $4,500-$5,000. Anything more you might as well look somewhere else.
3062, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
fuck that car sounds like a piece of shit thats been ragged to death.
3063, RE: What would you pay?
The body is actually in pretty good shape, other than the front bumper.
The motor pulled hard, didn't stutter or anything.
The clutch held perfectly, lol... the guy actually let me do a burnout and powershift the car :-)
It didn't do the crankwalk clutch-stuck on left turn thing, and no noises from the engine. No glitter on the dipstick.
The turbo spooled up just fine at 2600, and spun freely by hand.
The only thing I didn't get to check was the undercarriage(Busy day at work=no lift usage)
Does it still look bad, am I just being optimistic?
BTW...I don't see many GSXs in the northwest.
3064, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Narco
The body is actually in pretty good shape, other than the front bumper. The motor pulled hard, didn't stutter or anything. The clutch held perfectly, lol... the guy actually let me do a burnout and powershift the car :-) It didn't do the crankwalk clutch-stuck on left turn thing, and no noises from the engine. No glitter on the dipstick. The turbo spooled up just fine at 2600, and spun freely by hand. The only thing I didn't get to check was the undercarriage(Busy day at work=no lift usage) Does it still look bad, am I just being optimistic? BTW...I don't see many GSXs in the northwest.

Ha. He told you to do a burnout.

What were the compression numbers. Also, if he told you to powershift and burn it out, it might not be a bad idea to actually get under the car and do an actual crankwalk test, simply because he may have abused it quite badly from the sound of his demeanor.

I'd check compression and do a formal crankwalk test before I'd consider buying it.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/awdcrankwalk/
3065, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont know like said above i wouldnt spend more that 5000.00 on it. It wiull take you every bit of 2000.00 (figuring new hood) for the body work and that would put you at 7000. value. Not to mention the work the motor might need.

If you do end up buying it and want a dash I have one..pay shipping and its yours.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Greddy header - Greddy exhaust

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - 3" custom DP/Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
3066, RE: What would you pay?
I may take you up on that.
I'm going to see if he'll let me to a comp test, and take it to work to check the undercarriage.
Thanks for the advice.
3067, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by 97gsx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i got my '97 GSX with everything but the rims listed below for $6,400 but the car had a front end collision about 2 years ago and the frame in the drivers side front had to be straightned but you could never tell drives perfectly straight. So $7,700 is redounkulous i say tell the guy when he cant sell it to come back to you and ull give him 5
3068, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by Pyroman415, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got my 98 eclipse gs-t with all the options and aftermarket leather for only $6,700. Its in mint condition. Hes asking wayyy to much man.
3069, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
4500 max
3070, RE: What would you pay?
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
5-6000 max for anything 1999 and around 60K miles. truthfully Eclipses do not hold their value very well. Modded...who give a shit if you dumped an additional 10K in the car. It just means its been abused a bit.

I generated this page in 0.0077629089355469 seconds, executing 7 queries.