Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectMy damn tire blew. tire question...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3015
3015, My damn tire blew. tire question...
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what is the god damn BEST street/drag sticky ass mofo tire out there? any suggestions?

and if you were wondering, a Ventus HRII 205/40/17 blew.

and thanks to the peeps who helped with the clutch question too.
3016, RE: My damn tire blew. tire question...
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
holy crap i'm running the same tire in 16"...how fast were you going/were they set to the right psi? I need new tires, and since I drive stupid fast late at night on deserted highways, I'm thinking I should get new tires or stop it...

edit: for the record, hankook tires are pretty shitty from what i've found. They wear quickly and aren't all that grippy. They are cheap and look nice, though. Check around, a buddy of mine found a set of bridgestone's last year for like $89 a pop---they were just introduced as a new performance tire---now they run for twice that.

i'm gonna start looking around for deals as well--I was going to buy rims but I think i'd rather have an LSD and not be so much of a fashion whore. }( I'll keep you posted if I find anything---my buddy is the king of tire deals... (he's the one who found the bridgestones)
3017, RE: My damn tire blew. tire question...
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sweet man, thanks. i'm guessing i ran over something, going about 50mph, all of a sudden, pooffffffffffffff...shit! i've been wanting some new, stickier tires anyway, but god this sucks.
I generated this page in 0.021404027938843 seconds, executing 7 queries.