Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectMY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=2837
2837, MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
okay, heres the deal, 1g 70k motor, just about all stock, pump, 18lbs, kn filter. when i pull the key out or cut the car off, the bitch stays running for about 1-4 seconds, very weird, no recent modifications except i removed the fuel pressure guage. everything elese deems okay, no cells whatsoever and car runs fine otherwise.

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

The official 2GNT EGO Wrecker
2838, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Posted by JReynosa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The Haynes manual says it can be caused by:
1.) Vacuum Leaks
2.) Idle Speed too high
3.) Excessive engine operating temperature
4.) Ignition timing in need of adjustment
2839, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
turbo timer? :shrug
2840, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
dont have a timer, but i could just think of it that way lol.

1.) Vacuum Leaks
2.) Idle Speed too high
3.) Excessive engine operating temperature
4.) Ignition timing in need of adjustment

i might have vacum leaks, im still derigging shit on the motor. idle speed is were it needs to be, temp fine, as far a ignition timing, im assuming it would be throwing a cell, but i could check it to be certain.

yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

2841, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
turbo timer? :shrug

if it was a turbo timer i would think its bad. arent they suppose to be on for like a minute or something?
2842, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Originally posted by kelvinb1
Originally posted by Diceman19 turbo timer? :shrug
if it was a turbo timer i would think its bad. arent they suppose to be on for like a minute or something?

you can change it. mine will go for like 5 seconds or 15 minutes if i want it to i think...
2843, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this is a real shot in the dark and i doubt it but maybe it will spark someones thinking.

The ECU receives power from the key ignition; coil/transistor, and fuel pump all recieve power from the MFI/fuel pump relay correct? When you turn thekey off the relay should open due to lack of signal from the ECU.

If the ignition swith is worn and tracking so that when the contacts separate internally they are flashing over till the arc extinguishes (on a microscopic scale). I know this isnt 12kv like i deal with at work but with all the contact material that could have worn away over the years maybe creating a path for current to travel to keep power to the ECU for a couple seconds.

Like i said its a reach but maybe a thought.

You could put a test light on the ECU power wire to see if it loses 12+ at the same time the key is turned off or see if ithas power for a second more. do the same with the MFI relay. not sure if a sticking MFI relay could do this though.

Terry

96 Eagle Talon ESI....Daily driver

97 Eclipse.........
2844, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
you can change it. mine will go for like 5 seconds or 15 minutes if i want it to i think...

what are u guys talking about? i dont even have a timer.

2845, RE: MY CAR STAYS RUNNING AFTER I PULL THE KEY OUT?!?!?!
Originally posted by widebodied
what are u guys talking about? i dont even have a timer.
Originally posted by DSMRoadster yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.
DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it The official 2GNT EGO Wrecker

side discussion
I generated this page in 0.010283946990967 seconds, executing 7 queries.