Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1g front bumper
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=2699
2699, 1g front bumper
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where can I get a new 90 tsi awd front bumper cover? I was pulling into a parking spot in front of my apartment and it got caught on this big fucking piece of metal sticking out of the curb and cracked my bumper all to shit.
2700, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
After 14 years new bumpers probably aren't an option. You can try calling the dealer though. Try Advance Auto Parts as well. I know they carry things such as fenders.
2701, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I went through the same exact thing recently. Every used auto parts yard I have come across has none. There are VERY few on the trader. Like Jeff said, there just are not many good condition parts left out there after 15 years of DSM life. I'm in the same prediacment.

The stealership is really the only viable option for a guaranteed good condition part. Unfortunately that means you'll be paying out the ass for it.
2702, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea if there isnt a boneyard around you with one, stealership it is.

at least you can give conicelli (sp) or bob kise a call and see what they can do.
2703, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Convert it over to 92-94 front end... Only problem with that is your gonna be replacing the hood, fenders, headlights, cornerlights and bumper. I was able to find a few 92-94 bumpers so thats what I did with mine.
2704, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Convert it over to 92-94 front end... Only problem with that is your gonna be replacing the hood, fenders, headlights, cornerlights and bumper. I was able to find a few 92-94 bumpers so thats what I did with mine.

Why? The popups look better. :)
2705, RE: 1g front bumper
Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by Pitchblack98 Convert it over to 92-94 front end... Only problem with that is your gonna be replacing the hood, fenders, headlights, cornerlights and bumper. I was able to find a few 92-94 bumpers so thats what I did with mine.
Why? The popups look better. :)

Exactly. :P
2706, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by soulcontroller
yea if there isnt a boneyard around you with one, stealership it is. at least you can give conicelli (sp) or bob kise a call and see what they can do.

I'm pretty sure conicelli has been out of buisness for a while now...
2707, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just actually saw one on the NEDSM site that someone was GIVING AWAY.
Also, Conicelli may be out of business but there's a guy that worked there that took over the parts sales. The prices and shipping are comparable to what they were before... Search on NEDSM. I see the guys name pop up from time to time.
2708, RE: 1g front bumper
I'm going to go complain to the apartment people...maybe something will happen through them. They shouldn't have that shit sticking up out of the curbs.
2709, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you can always call gary at mitsu graveyard too, see what he can do...
2710, RE: 1g front bumper
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST
I just actually saw one on the NEDSM site that someone was GIVING AWAY. Also, Conicelli may be out of business but there's a guy that worked there that took over the parts sales. The prices and shipping are comparable to what they were before... Search on NEDSM. I see the guys name pop up from time to time.

yeah i'm gonna look into that tomorrow when I get back to nashvegas--I need a shift boot "assembly" and some other random shit from that jackass with the crowbar. Points to anyone who remembers his name...
I generated this page in 0.013283014297485 seconds, executing 7 queries.